Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)
  • So what's your plans for Christmas Eve?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

All up at 7am, breakfast out somewhere then off to Splash Landings at Alton Towers with the kids!
    We must be slightly mad I know but not sure whether it will be too busy or not?
    Looking forward to holding the kids up in the air whilst in the outside pools 😈

5thElefant
    Free Member

Saw some logs, then drink heavily and consume my own bodyweight in mince pies.

bigblackshed

At work, so I’ll spend the morning trying to guess “what time I can get out of here”

johndoh
    Free Member

At work

sweepy
    Free Member

Work, then home, put the tree up and decorate drinking mulled wine 🙂

zippykona

Working til the last customer goes then home to wrap presents.
    Then a snowball.

iolo
    Free Member

Gifts and all that kind of stuff is done on the 24th here in Austria.
    Christmas Day is for walks or skiing or whatever.

kcal

my birthday – so unwrap presents (the other ones not in festive wrapping), family walk, might manage a quick spin, then family round for birthday bun-fight..

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Off work so, leisurely breakfast, wrap presents then go see my nan in the hospice.
    Get home, drag the chiminea out of the garage and set up. Get the Xmas lights set around the garden and sort out the food for when MsD gets home from work.
    Instead of the pub we are (weather permitting) sitting around a roaring outdoor fire drinking lots of gluhwein and eating lots of lovely food 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

We will already be at the folks by then, so will be eating, playing and watching movies 🙂

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Hopefully out on the bike Christmas Eve morning, then look after Jnr FD in the afternoon, and Billy no mates in the evening as Mrs FD will be at work for 24hrs from Christmas Eve morning to Christmas Day morning 🙁

qwerty
    Free Member

Work 06:30-18:30, then home for The Snownan in front of telly with son & wife 😀

wiggles
    Free Member

Buy my mum a present, only person who I have no idea what to buy for!

The once the kids are the in bed I will have to silently build an IKEA kitchen in time for when they are up at 6/7am

This type of kitchen….

wrightyson
    Free Member

Aah the joys of making things on Christmas Eve! Still haunted by 12ft trampoline construction which commenced at 10 pm 2 years ago in howling wind and rain.

bikebouy
    Free Member

A long ride then beer then pies then Inlaws then kids then cattle then sheep then ducks then duck murdering then plucking then wine then cheese then games then film then toilet then whiskey then chatting till the early hours then bed. 😆

yunki
    Free Member

wrapping presents, stuffing stockings, probably a fair old bit of checking and fussing and double checking and prepping cos we’re hosting the big family Christmas this year.. then maybe a bit o’ telly

yossarian
    Free Member

Bit of wrapping, bit of drinking, bit of sitting down and probably some standing up too

Might have a poo at some point.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Prepping Xmas lunch stuff in the morning followed by a light lunch at SIL’s half a mile away (which means loads of wine as usual) the wobble home to do my usual wrapping at 23:00 🙁

Sandwich

Thank god (or your deity of choice) that I no longer have to assemble toys ready for Christmas morning. The Barbie toys were some of the worst with stickers to be placed as well.

winston_dog
    Free Member

Up at 5.30, drive 300 mile north.

Should get to the pub with some mates I haven’t seen for a few years.

Stagger back from pub, via Chinese take away then TV and sleep probably.

andeh

The 4th Annual Sprotbrough Christmas Pub Crawl, gonna be saweeeeet!

martinhutch

Splash Landings is ace around Christmas – if you’re staying in the hotel they open a bit of the park up as well for the little ‘uns. We actually managed to get snowed in there a couple of christmases ago.

It will be busy, I can confirm, but the outside pools are always quiet…

Flaperon

Up at 5:30am. Complete day 2 of Airbus driving test. Back to hotel for evening. Ho bloody ho.

Clover

Working in my shop in Buxton. Helping lost souls buy the perfect gift. If anyone is in Buxton, drop in and say Hi.

carlos
    Free Member

Get out for a local ride from the house, prep the veg etc for Christmas Day, chill out with friends, alcohol and a take away

PiknMix
    Free Member

Hopefully fishing, then wrapping all my wife’s pressies (if I can remember where I have hid them all.

wrightyson
    Free Member

A bit out the way but might have a wander round Buxton/Bakewell on the way home. Proper Christmassy feeling town.
    The general idea being to knacker those pair out as much as possible…

MrNero50
    Free Member

Packing car up, then driving up to Glentress for a few days, with MrsNero50, the hound and some good friends.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Out for breakfast and take aphex junior onto the beach and a paddle in the sea. Pick up the seafood for Christmas day. Drive to the bottle shop and purchase more alcohol. Drink some of the alcohol. Attempt to wrap presents better than previous years. Hopefully will have got rid of the cold I picked up. Drink whisky until cold goes or I pass out.

anagallis_arvensis

Get up walk dog, cook venison and cranberry casserole, drink some wine and then bed early to wait for santa/avoid mother and sister in law.

Northwind

Going out with my mate Graham on the 23rd, so Christmas eve is going to be spent largely trying not to be sick.

chewkw
    Free Member

Cleaning my flat … then eat, sleep and watch TV …

milky1980
    Free Member

Work at 8, hopefully finish early then home to grab the bike. Ride the 40-odd miles (off road, proper night ride 😀 )to my parents house and arrive in time for a quick shower then off to midnight mass (to keep my mum happy). Riding back on xmas day evening too.

Dales_rider
    Free Member

Ride
    beer
    carols
    beer

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Fingers crossed I’ll be in the kitchen, with a few ales, some snacks, and surrounded by bits of bikes. If my new frame arrives tomoro/tues. please…..

molgrips
    Free Member

Hmm.. Bike bits. Forgot I have a spanking new track frame in the garage. Should have asked for some wheels for Christmas!

_tom_
    Free Member

Getting absolutely battered in the local pub.

boxfish
    Free Member

Start new job tomorrow. Hoping Tuesday is a half day…

brokensoul
    Free Member

Annual Club Christmas eve ride (my first for me for a few years) followed by refreshments at The King’s Arms.
    Family telly watching and talking bollocks in the evening.
    I’m looking forward to it.

cheers_drive

Mrs CD is working so I will be trying to entertain the Danish in laws whilst overcoming the language barrier. In the evening with be having duck and pork and exchange presents as per the Danish tradition.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘So what's your plans for Christmas Eve?’ is closed to new replies.