Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • So what's the worst thing that could happen to the bosses new car?
  • matt_outandabout

One of our lads headed off in the minibus today, down single track road at the end of the drive.
    A few hundred yards away he finds a brand new 62 plate Freelander on delivery trailer sat in the middle of the road. No other vehicle around.
    A few minutes later, while he and another local were puzzling this out, a rather embarrassed delivery driver re-appears, pointing out a sheared tow hitch 😯 He had got to the bosses house a mile up the road, climbed out and found the trailer and car missing 😆
    If it had happened 10 seconds earlier, the new car and trailer would have headed down a 1/5 hill and through a holiday house at the corner…

😀

spooky_b329

The importance of the break-away cable (and why not to loop it around the towball)!

I had a fail today too…towing a cable trailer off a banked verge, grounded my transit on the kerb half into the main road, couldn’t go backwards or forwards until we built a ramp under one wheel and then got towed off using a gurt big chain and a lorry…

Oops 🙂

fizzicist
    Free Member

There was a great story in the local newspapers a few years back about a guy who had joined the local Audi dealership (before they were exclusively driven by ****s) as Sales Manager.

His teenage son borrowed Dad’s new A6 allroad for the night to show off.

The car was recovered, now ball shaped, from a tree on the far side of a river, having failed to negotiate a sweeping left-hander into a bridge on the A61.

every bollocking I ever received from my old man would have been positively tame by comparison to the one that lad got…

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Having towed a box trailer full of baggage up your access road, I can confirm that it is very likely to cause trauma to the towing vehicle. At one point it wasn’t in the best state of repair and the potholes and cattlegrids give everything a good shake…

matt_outandabout

It is smooooooooooth tarmac now 8)

This was the loch road…

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I once reversed into my bosses car as he reversed out of a parking space whilst driving my line managers van.

I just told him he should look where he was going. Didn’t go down well, that, but he didn’t argue with me.

skiboy
    Free Member

Slightly off topic but sort of the same vein,

When at school some 20 odd yrs ago one of my mates who lived around 15 miles from school would occasionally steal his brothers 250 trail bike to ride to school, we were 15 at the time , anyway he got a little cocky with his family rentals and when his dad started to use the wife’s car instead of his own for going to work my friend John took it upon himself to borrow the old mans car instead of his older brothers bike, he got away with it for quite a few weeks too, parking the car up a few streets from school and always returning it home around 430 after school, he eventually got caught when he overtook his dad on a country lane while returning home early from work one day, another mate of mine also borrowed his dads car and parked it in sOmeones garden after jumping a ditch at a t junction he misjudged, I never borrowed my fathers car but I did borrow my brother Vespa 90 which I left buried in a hedge,

Oh those were the days eh, hehe

jam-bo

A few years ago, driving down the m5 near Tiverton early one morning, I saw a small yacht on a trailer wedged in the central reservation. No other cars in sight.

I wonder how far they got before realising it wasn’t there anymore.

theotherjonv

worst thing that might have happened to the bosses car

Me and a mate were junior works chemists and always running scams on our boss. He got promoted to a salary band where he got a company car, and being a bit of a car fan was so excited. So on the day it was due to be delivered, we nicked out to another office, dialled in to reception (in on the scam) who patched us in to his office as an external call, put on ridiculous accents, and pretended to be from the delivering garage.

We span a great yarn about how it had fallen off the transporter during unloading and damaged a wing. Nothing mechanical but obvious. We could go ahead and deliver and then have it back in a few weeks to fix, or keep it and get it repaired and then deliver. The disappointment in his voice was heartbreaking…..

Only made better by the bemused face of the delivery driver 2 hours later who didn’t have a clue about the damage or the previous call. When he saw our gimlet faces and cracked on to what we’d done it was worth all the shite jobs he gave us in return.

Happy days!

Duggan

My mate took the roof off his work van a few weeks ago after trying to drive it under a bridge that was shorter than the height of the van.

The thing is, he said he clocked the bridge, checked the height on the notice thing and calculated he could make it…before shearing the roof off.

Said his manager went mental but luckily the Director of the company saw the funny side.

niallmb
    Free Member

A previous boss of mine (live event tech company) managed to leave the sunroof open on his new Lexus and came back to find that 2 of the crew had filled it to half way up the windows with polystyrene beads (brought in to fire for an effect). I’m told he was still finding the beads 2 years later.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘So what's the worst thing that could happen to the bosses new car?’ is closed to new replies.