Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • So what's on the cards for a reasonably warm Friday night??
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Good going artist on the rhs climb, it’s a technical one that one. The run down to the campsite has the site on your right, there’s a sweet little jump half way down and as you say a left back on yourself then takes you half way down the incline to high peak junction. As for the brown trousers/ pants route I’ve no idea. In fact none of the riber or lea stuff. Any pointers would be sound. Black rocks is my true stomping ground tho, especially as I grew up near wussa!!

Strange – it states last post on here from wrightyson, but no post???

*edit* – it’s appeared, but there definitely weren’t two pages last time I looked.

Will add further reply in a sec…

wrightyson
    Free Member

Ha ha was just thinking the bloody same!!!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos

Yeah, know the jump 8)

We generally start at the White Lion pub @ Starkholmes and climb up the hairpins to Riber. As you reach the crest, 100yds on your right is a farm lane, go past the farm and onto a track that climbs a little further. This eventually descends into woods and look out for a left hander into the trees (if you reach a gate, then you’ve gone too far). Immediately turn right through the nettles and follow the singletrack through the trees – when you reach a dry stone wall looking down onto Cromford, nip left through a gap in the fence and down. This will bring you to the top of Brown Trousers in a clearing.

The descent is only a few hundred yards, but starts with a 1 in 4, to 1 in 3 rutted drop through the trees and then through a swage cut through the bracken – it’s hairy and slidy in winter. You have to carry some good speed and if you get to the kicker at the bottom and dont get some air under your tyres you aren’t going fast enough. There are various tracks cut into the hillside, which you generally see better from the bottom and know for next time, although I’ve never tried them.

Follow the track through the trees and look out for a path up a field to the right. Climb this and you are at the top of the woods above Lea. Head through the dry stone wall and take the path to the left on the level. There are a couple of tracks drop off to the right, so follow your nose and you will eventually end up at Lea Bottom (near Smedleys Mill) taking in some sweet singletrack on the way down. Head towards Cromford and after a few yards, next to a house you will see a path that goes over the railway and brings you to the sewage works/High Peak Junction.

We then do Black Rocks and back down, along the canal (make sure you do the drop off the wall at the Cromford car park end) and ride through to Matlock Bath, where we ride up Bath fields at the back of the station back to the pub.

Happy hunting!

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘So what's on the cards for a reasonably warm Friday night??’ is closed to new replies.