Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • So whats going on with that bus on the M6?
  • pictonroad

It’s utter tripe, typical modern reaction based on protocols, once the ‘procedure’ has been put into action no-one feels empowered to just stop it. I’m sure right at the start someone said, look, it’s me, it’s just a fake ciggie.

expect more and more and more of it, it generates loads of work and new teams, it’s rife where I work….

Northwind

project – Member

the emergency services have to be careful,

Not talking about them. If I was involved there’d have been a conversation like this, after everyone got off the bus.

“Right. Who said there’s a smoking bag? You. Whose bag is smoking? His. OK, you, why is your bag smoking? It’s one of those electronic ciggy things? Show me? OK, ****’s sake, everyone back on the bus. Except the guy who started it, he’s walking”

It’s a bit like the time we found an unattended briefcase in the bank I used to work in, and everyone was like ZOMG BOMB and I was all like, whose briefcase is this??? and this guy said it was totally his, and it totally was.

donsimon
    Free Member

It’s a bit like the time we found an unattended briefcase in the bank I used to work in, and everyone was like ZOMG BOMB and I was all like, whose briefcase is this??? and this guy said it was totally his, and it totally was.

That is just like, totally AWESOME, dude.

project
    Free Member

Northwind ITS A COACH, NOT A BUS, MEGABUS IS THE TRADING NAME OF STAGECOACH.

Probably the driver phoned his control office, who phones the police, and they phoned everyone else, and its a week before the aniversary of the bombs in london.

If i was the coach driver, i would have stopped the coach applied the handbrake and run very fast.

Northwind

Well as I say, after I evacuated the charabanc- which might envolve running very fast- I would have above conversation, then remount the steam horse.

project
    Free Member

According to the papers a woman passenger phoned the police and reported it, they then got stagecoach control to tell the driver where to stop and not to let passengers off.

So not much to do with the driver,he just obeyed orders from control and the police.

Overactive imagination and over reaction by the lady in question, but one thing is for sure lots of free advertising for Stagecoach MegaBUS

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Probably the driver phoned his control office, who phones the police, and they phoned everyone else.

No. It was a passenger who contacted the police – they didn’t bother telling the coach driver.

Perhaps they thought that it would cause too much delay and immediate action was needed to close the motorway, call armed units, the fire brigade, the ambulance service, the RAF, and possibly the UN Security Council, rather than waste time asking a question which could have cleared up the issue in about 10 seconds.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Well put ernie

TuckerUK
    Free Member

The lady passenger just probably just had her advances towards said gentleman rebuffed.

Or it could just be a case of yer bog standard Mk.1 Dim Bint.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘So whats going on with that bus on the M6?’ is closed to new replies.