Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • So what's for ye this weekend?
  • seosamh77
    Free Member

It’s looking like everybody in the uk has good biking weather this weekend. After Decembers weather, Spring is here as far as i’m concerned!:D

I’m heading over to Dunoon for my first time for a laugh to see what it’s like, forest road jaunt and a bit of a reconnaissance and leg stretching mission really to get a feel for the lay of the land over there.

map here, http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/27114572

So anyhow enough about me where you off to?

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Saturday – 40-50 mile base training Road ride.
    Sunday – Harder longer club ride.

dazzlingboy

Saturday – out myself early – maybe Innerleithen or maybe the Jedforest trails.

Sunday – with the Mrs off to Women on Wheels at Forest of Ae.

Fingers crossed for the weather to hold!!

float
    Free Member

revising all weekend for monday exam; ‘environmental awareness for engineers’. kill me now 🙁

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Quick XC balst tonight and a skills day with Mr Jedi tomorrow! 🙂
    Sunday I have a bike to service and clean ready for sale. (Anbody want a 16in Cararra Subway?)

🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

riding round woods

konaboy2275
    Free Member

Going to look at our wedding venue tomorrow near Whalley, had a sudden thought of cycling there but would have to leave the house by 6.30am. Then off swimming wit kids. Walk the dog. Start looking for a new car. Finish off plans for the extension. Sart decorating the back room. Try to find my spare car keys that i think the little un has shoved under the floor boards. Clean my bike. Clean my car. Clean the gf’s car. Pick other bike up from shop. Make a nice dinner.

No plans for Sunday yet though.

pixelmix
    Free Member

– Short run tonight, to tick that off the weekly list, and then the sofa with a glass of wine / beer.
    – Glentress or Innerleithen tomorrow with my regular riding chums before they move 200 miles away on Sunday. No doubt this will be followed by a spot of bike and car washing.
    – Day with Mrs PixelMix on Sunday (perhaps a walk), and possibly a short ride to snap a monument. 🙂

Sounds like lots of people are riding this weekend. Have fun all.

pedalhead
    Free Member

Trying out a new (to me) loop on the Hampshire Downs…

http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/spDleg_VKkE

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Hopefully some mega road miles but its dead icy so its going to be not so mega mtb miles.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Shitting through the eye of a needle if today is anything to go buy. 🙁

Vortexracing

New car for me as I wrote by existing on off yesterday morning. 🙁 🙁

I’ll map my travels to the various rip-off merchants sorry car dealers if you like 😆

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Will you be out looking for a monument Graham?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Shitting trough the eye of a needle if today is anything to go buy

What have you bought that makes you shit through the eye of a needle?

😉

Yes, I will be out looking for a monument.
    Why do you ask ?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I thought I’d read it somewhere..

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Nope, scroll that way ^

seosamh77
    Free Member

I don’t know where i’m getting this from but i’m getting a strange urge to photograph my bike next to a monument!:D

richen987
    Free Member

going for a potter round winchester, should be fun, will see if we can remember how to ride a bike !

mountainchub
    Free Member

I’ll rebuilding the bike on Saturday with a small afternoon ride to the local monument, then off to Glentress on Sunday with Whyter, where we will be taking photos of our bikes (most likely next to a monument if we can find one) – does the Stane count?

DaRC_L

Taking my new re-built 3 speed (from 1 speed) mud-Fuquayer (pronounced mudFuq’er) will be traversine the South Downs somewhere between Mt Harry and Chantonbury

singletrackmind

Merida Brass Monkeys Rd 3 on Sunday for me, Upper Hale . 4 hours of hell , all i want to do is not finish last.
    First event on my Hei Hei , should be interesting.
    Please dont rain , please .

crazy-legs

In theory I should be looking at new (to me) cars to buy.
    In practice, my SS is now rebuilt and sparkling clean, the weather forecast is good and I desperately need the training so I’ll probably go for a ride!

doubledunter
    Free Member

It’s looking like everybody in the uk has good biking weather this weekend. After Decembers weather, Spring is here as far as i’m concerned!:D

I’m heading over to Dunoon for my first time for a laugh to see what it’s like, forest road jaunt and a bit of a reconnaissance and leg stretching mission really to get a feel for the lay of the land over there.

map here, http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/27114572

I did the Corlarach loop last year, its a fair old climb mainly on forest roads with very little singletrack, excellent views over and down the the firth of clyde though. Theres plenty of riding to be done over in the forests in Dunoon its just finding them. 😆

tollah
    Free Member

Today Afan
    Tomorrow Corduride! ( a singlespeed event for the truly enlightened!)
    Sunday Corduride hangover ride.

Lifer
    Free Member

Just got back from the skatepark, most of it a bit icey but still spent a couple of hours dropping in on the 4′ ramp and got some hops going, not quite 180s think I need to practise carving a bit more.

Tomorrow might be out on the big bike or I might head back to the skatepark, see how I feel in the morning, bit of work on my car in the afternoon. Sunday is football and band practise.

😀

oldgit
    Free Member

Saturday. Long but easy ‘old skool’ xc ride on the mountainbike.
    Sunday. Harp Hilly 100 reliability trial. Bit worried it’s our daughters 18th party at our house the night before 😥

seosamh77
    Free Member

I did the Corlarach loop last year, its a fair old climb mainly on forest roads with very little singletrack, excellent views over and down the the firth of clyde though. Theres plenty of riding to be done over in the forests in Dunoon its just finding them.

aye pretty much what i’m expecting, it’s hills rather than singletrack i’m really after the now, looking to test my lack of fitness! just hope the fog lifts thru the day to get some of the views to keep it interesting..

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Planning 50 road miles tomorrow to get the legs moving again. Dunfermline out to Dunning and back via the superb hilly back roads of North Fife.

Maybe Pitmedden on Sunday, if I can remember how to ride a mountain bike.

jemima
    Free Member

Not staying up all night riding my bike 😀

sofaking
    Free Member

no body mentioned singlespeeds.
    i will be on my full bouncer wearing nothing but the finest cut off denim just to rebel against the cord crowd

singlespeedstu

I’ll be doing that too but with gears just to piss off all the look at me singlespeeders that’ll be there. 🙄

sofaking
    Free Member

touche ssstu 8)

singlespeedstu

And i hear the trails round there are shit and the locals are tosspots of the highest order too.

On a possitive note though i hear that the organiser has pampass grass in his rear garden.

sofaking
    Free Member

And i hear the trails round there are shit and the locals are tosspots of the highest order too.

i dont know why i’m making the effort to go really.
    maybe i ‘m amused by freaks on bikes that think their cool because no one has heard of the bike their riding.

pampass grass you say ?

count me in 😆

singlespeedstu

freaks on bikes that think their cool because no one has heard of the bike their riding.

What like “Ego Chariots”?

I’ve never heared of them either.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘So what's for ye this weekend?’ is closed to new replies.