Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • So, what would you like to see in 2014?
  • ratherbeintobago

As above, what would you like to see happening with mountain bikes in 2014, and why?

I’d like Speedplay to make some sort of announcement whether the Syzr is ever going to be launched, or whether it’s been abandoned.

Anyone else?

jekkyl

I’d love chase trails to announce building a new trail at Cannock.

nwill1
    Free Member

I think we need a new wheel size…650b is so last year!

Rorschach
    Free Member

Gears being made illegal….thin out the heard a bit.

JEngledow
    Free Member

I’d like to see another beautiful dusty summer, but without the 6 weeks back and forth to hospital visiting a prem baby!

hilldodger
    Free Member

Maybe a year without another new size of wheel, headset, axle, bb or bar! And dust, lots of dust 🙂

mattjg
    Free Member

A carbon Yelli Screamy or very similar.

scotroutes

Pentlands got too dusty last summer, making the trails all loose!

Dry and sunny for May please.

Nothing much on the bike development front but I’d like to see some vendors bringing their prices down to more realistic levels.

bikeneil
    Free Member

Singlespeeds being made illegal… thin out the herd a lot.

jonny-m
    Free Member

More mtb events in the north!

matther01
    Free Member

+1 jekkyl

brant
    Free Member

mattjg – Member
    A carbon Yelli Screamy or very similar.
    POSTED 29 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Yes

stevede
    Free Member

I’d like an affordable wider range 10 speed cassette from one of the big 2, 11-38 would do, 32 up front with 11-38 out back would be pretty perfect for me.

cynic-al
    Free Member

The latest thing tends to add ****-all to the riding experience.

I’d like to see some vendors bringing their prices down to more realistic levels

You think there’s a cartel?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

To ride with Al again this year.

cynic-al
    Free Member

😀

mattjg
    Free Member

@brant, good, look forward to it, tuck that rear wheel in nice and tight please.

brant
    Free Member

mattjg – Member

@brant
    , good, look forward to it, tuck that rear wheel in nice and tight please.
    POSTED 17 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

But still allow front mech and big tyre useage.

misinformer
    Free Member

Less overseas imported brand tat marketed as UK tat even though the UK made and branded tat is just as bad….more quality than cheap crap I suppose

alexdudley
    Free Member

World peace, cure for cancer and all those nasty things that may shorten my life…..! Oh, and a relatively dry year cause I hate the rain!! Not much to ask for is it?

shortcut

Dry trails.

mrmo
    Free Member

a summer would be nice.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

More bike parks and spread them around a bit

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Straight steerers as options on sus forks – some of us intend to ride our current bikes for a while as they’re great as they are thank you!

Fabien Barrel to design and build a fantastic bike park in the south east (um, I think there’s only Bedgebury at the mo) I sometimes look at the South Downs (Lewes to Eastbourne) and think that’d make for some great swoopy trails and berms down the side of that, but this’ll never happen.

A summer like last year – missed it due to a lot of grief going on in my life.

Northwind

Wider range 10 speed cassettes
    Oh, and for the bikes I already have to not fall apart.

mogrim

A new bike, for me. Or at the very least a new front fork as mine’s dead.

chakaping
    Free Member

I’d like to see another beautiful dusty summer, but without the 6 weeks back and forth to hospital visiting a prem baby!

Ditto, plus no broken bones.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

A 150mm full suss ENDURO bike with a gearbox for £500.

RustySpanner

The sacking, humiliation and public flogging of those responsible for 650b.

A new Hit the North.

Pickers

A text from the Boss giving us all an extra days holiday tomorrow, just because…

Oh, just had that come in 😀

colournoise

Be nice to see someone (bigger than just a bloke in a shed) in the UK besides Orange bucking the ‘build it in the Far East’ trend. I know Orange do build some stuff out there but more homegrown bikes would be a nice thing.

Wouldn’t actually mind a year with not much ‘innovation’ to let things settle and find their ‘level’ – can’t see global market forces letting that happen though.

Mackem

More time to ride.

belugabob
    Free Member

I’d like more companies to offer frame only options – this would solve several problems….

* It would avoid the “That’s a nice bike but I don’t like SRAM/Shimano RockShox/Fox Mavic/Hope” conundrum
    * It would avoid the “I like bike X in the range, but bike Y – which uses the same frame – has a much nicer colour scheme” (assuming all colour options were made available.

Apart from that, I’d like have taken up MTB riding when I was younger and fitter (still enjoying it immensely, though)

thebrowndog
    Free Member

For the rest of the UK to adopt the Scottish right to roam model (think thats what it is called) so the rest of us can legally ride footpath trails and camp in forests … please.

_tom_
    Free Member

A proper jumpy blue/red trail at Bike Park Wales. They have the space and hillage to make the uk’s answer to Crank It Up which I think would be an awesome step up from the current blues there!

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

For the rest of the UK to adopt the Scottish right to roam model (think thats what it is called) so the rest of us can legally ride footpath trails and camp in forests … please.

+ 1

r17anm
    Free Member

The more time to ride thing

frood
    Free Member

Alternative to xx1

crosshair
    Free Member

Fingers crossed they run Maxx Exposure. I’ve got to beat ten hours 🙂

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘So, what would you like to see in 2014?’ is closed to new replies.