• This topic has 63 replies, 42 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by wynne.
Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • So what now then? Hung parliament.
  • Junkyard
    Free Member

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/diane-abbott-i-sent-my-son-to-private-230293

BR But couldn’t you see why there was anger? People on the left thought ‘we’re not surprised that Blair and Harman did it [sends kids to private school]but we don’t understand why Diane Abbott did it because she’s one of us’?

DA Yes, but they didn’t understand me. I’m a West Indian mum and West Indian mums will go to the wall for their children.

It’s that kind of atavistic streak that we have. I can see them in the market on a Saturday morning. A kind of ‘touch my children and we’ll turn quite difficult’.

Interestingly, until now, it’s the one thing that’s got me the most positive response from black women locally. They would come up to me and shake my hand. Because ultimately in their eyes it’s about doing the right thing for their children. But obviously people from other cultures didn’t see it that way at all.

BR I’m guessing those black women couldn’t afford to do what you did yet you’re saying they shook your hand?

DA Exactly. Yes. That’s what you and some of my colleagues on the Left would never understand. In the end you’re coming from a culture where whatever you can do for your children you do.

she undoubtedly gets criticism for her race and her gender but she is a prize hypocrite. If i tried to explain to her that she did not understand my decision because she came from a different culture she would do more than call me a hypocrite [ and rightly so

She is bright, she is articulate, she has faced down racists and hate filled arseholes but she is still a hypocrite who said one thing and did another

I do believe she was /is ill and I wish her well in her recovery but I would struggle to vote for her as my local MP as I like people who stand by their principles.

ourmaninthenorth

Paul Nuttall currently preaching fantasy-land drivel about the continuing role of UKIP.

You’re number’s up, pal. Kindly do one.

eb2429
    Free Member

Not surprising about the Ulster Unionist as it once was the Conservative and unionist party, but good time to be a Ulster Unionist i think , they could demand anything this week and likely get it…

As long as the SNP don’t have any deciding control in the UK affairs I am happy, sorry if that offends our great Scottish friends but its not personal to you, I just don’t like the party.

ourmaninthenorth

And with that Nuttall has gone..!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It’s the DUP we’re talking about here, not the UUP. The party once run by Paisley.

There’s no executive in NI at the moment. If the DUP start trying to shape NI policy using this situation, it would be prudent to be concerned for peace in the short term. (Dissident republicans will go a bit mental.)

eb2429
    Free Member

oh yes sorry

kimbers

they seem like a good fit with the tories

Drac

Don’t forget their previous links with terrorism and not made up ones.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Do you think she has been crap over the last 40 years or just recently?

she’s obviously been ill for a very long time…

sobriety
    Free Member

There’s no executive in NI at the moment. If the DUP start trying to shape NI policy using this situation, it would be prudent to be concerned for peace in the short term. (Dissident republicans will go a bit mental.)

As I’ve said elsewhere, given her track record, a return of the troubles wouldn’t come as a surprise as May’s final legacy. 🙁

miketually
    Free Member

The DUP website seems to be struggling at the moment. Their host thinks there’s a DDOS attack 🙂

kimbers

As I’ve said elsewhere, given her track record, a return of the troubles wouldn’t come as a surprise as May’s final legacy.

agreed
    the warning signs have always been there, she was after all a terrible home secretary

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

she’s obviously been ill for a very long time…

As perceptive as you’ve been this week. 😆

footflaps

Don’t forget their previous links with terrorism and not made up ones.

They’re not friends with the Saudis as well?

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

And the people etc will stand by this? I really hope not.

samunkim
    Free Member

What happens if DUP demand a “hard” border with Eire post prexit ?

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Would Sinn Fein be tempted to turn up for a few critical counts?

kimbers

samunkim – Member
    What happens if DUP demand a “hard” border with Eire post prexit ?

bad things

slowoldgit
    Free Member

When the dust has settled, the numbers are crunched and perhaps it seems that Vote Labour – Get Tory happened in Scotland, costing JC support from the SNP, then is Kezia’s career a little uncertain?

mefty
    Free Member

It’s the DUP we’re talking about here

Both SDLP and UU have been wiped out in Westminster.

Klunk
    Free Member

Over the next five years

😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

i did wonder this it would be some top trolling if nothing else

Hard to say whether they think a Hard NI settlement helps or hinders them in their long term goal of a united Ireland but i think the allegiance to the Queen is the reason they wont ever attend
    Pledge

I (name of Member) swear by Almighty God that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law. So help me God.

Affirmation

I (name of Member) do solemnly, sincerely, and truly declare and affirm, that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law.

NB there is a scottish version, one in welsh, scottish Gaelic and also Cornish but none for the irish mother tongue
    SF will not be attending

chewkw
    Free Member

So what now then? Hung parliament.

Normal.

Sometimes you need to feel pain before you feel well.

wynne
    Free Member

I only have a basic knowledge of N Ireland politics, but my understanding is that the 1921 agreement that started the process of creating what is now the Republic of Ireland was only ever a ‘temporary’ fix. If things get funny with the Conservatives and the DUP divvying things up then Sinn Fein could I think call for the renegotiation of the division of the island of Ireland. I am happy to be corrected if I’ve got the wrong end the stick but Theresa May needs to tread very carefully in terms of what she goes round promising – but on the basis of her recent performances I think she has all the qualities needed to really foul things up. I hope her odious regime falls on its arse before she does real damage.

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘So what now then? Hung parliament.’ is closed to new replies.