Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • So what kind of winter are we going to get
  • JonBoy
    Free Member

I know its all best guess and but whats the general idea this year?

soobalias
    Free Member

dry

please let it be dry

Klunk
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7amSrgtINI[/video]

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Cold. As in 2010. Although the likes of Joe Bastardi claim that we’re in for a ‘brutal’ winter…

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/combination-of-factors-could-m/36990

JonBoy
    Free Member

Great. Start saving for it now. Cost enough last year.

binners

I expect it’ll be little different to the ‘summer’. Just a few degrees colder. We now seem to inhabit a land of perpetual, year-round, grey dullness 😥

wallop

Hopefully one where lots of snow falls in France.

crazy-legs

I expect it’ll be little different to the ‘summer’. Just a few degrees colder. We now seem to inhabit a land of perpetual, year-round, grey dullness

For once binners I suspect that your perpetual misery, doom and gloom is correct. 🙁
    Was it 2010 winter when it was really really cold and we had loads of snow? Cos that was ace. More like that please. 6ft of snow for about 2 months. Bring it on.

soobalias
    Free Member

snow socks, chains or winter tyres

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Standby food, emergency lighting and heating… The power grid is always at the greatest risk of faliure when demand is at it’s greatest. It may be OK…it may not… don’t get caught-out if it cracks under stress.

And remember, even if you have gas heating, if it relies on the mains for ingition you are stuffed if you can’t light it manually.

maccruiskeen

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygx-sEb5tgQ[/video]

cloudnine
    Free Member

Wet, dark and windy… much like last winter.
    If only they would change away from gmt and have the extra hour of light on an evening.

footflaps

And remember, even if you have gas heating, if it relies on the mains for ingition you are stuffed if you can’t light it manually.

Just run the pump & boiler off a mini-generator or battery & inverter if it’s a short power cut.

Hohum
    Free Member

Mild and hopefully very brief.

I hate winter.

aracer
    Free Member

I predict we’ll have Christmas and New Year festivities. A little later on you’ll find all the gyms are full of ressers. The middle of February will be a bad time to go out to a restaurant. It will get dark earlier than it does now.

You get all that for free.

lunge

Ice cold and dry would be good, mild and wet is more likely I suspect.

binners

crazy-legs – It was 2009 and 2010 we had shedloads of snow. We were snowed in for the best part of a week, both years.

One of those mornings when you take one look out of the window and say “sod even trying to get into work today! Right! Who’s for a snowball fight?!!!” 😀

theblackmount
    Free Member

Just like this summer – only colder and darker. I’ve still not swopped out my mud tyres from last winter. Seems little point now…

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Footflaps; I hope that idea would work for you. Best to try it now and be sure your heating would start without any timer issues.

At least if you are prepared now you won’t need to worry about getting organised later if/when it hits. And you may have other, more pressing concerns to attend to at the time…

rudebwoy
    Free Member

The one you deserve !

Northwind

After last year’s winter didn’t arrive, I’m hoping for tons of snow.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

I thought that was chr*stm*s…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXCEdrnaFlY

Now look what you made me do!

CheesybeanZ

cold and dry would be my choice , but it’ll be damp wet and cold 😡

deus

I’m hoping for a brutal, birds falling out of the sky ‘cos it’s so cold, feet of snow on the ground, crisp and clear, sparkly like a new pin type of winter.

Hopefully like 2009 and 2010 combined.

😀
    love winter.

makes getting into work so much more interesting.

I suspect it’ll just be a second rate continuation of the damp squib of a year that we’ve had so far 🙁

molgrips
    Free Member

Any predictions are a total guess.

However I will, as always, be dearly hoping for lots of cold and snow 🙂

ohnohesback
    Free Member

GJP
    Free Member

Short would be my choice

grahamg
    Free Member

Now that my commute takes me over the Mendips (around 250m high), I’d rather it stayed above freezing for at least two of the three months… I can handle the bus and turbo training/main-road bashing for a month or so but any more than that will send me round the bend.

molgrips
    Free Member

Get some studs, ride in the snow and ice. Simples.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘So what kind of winter are we going to get’ is closed to new replies.