Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 126 total)
  • So what have you bought, then realised it was crap?
  • Jamie
    Free Member

Any underpants that do not have M&S label in.

Personally, I think M&S pants have hit the skids recently.

Next seem to make a better trunk/hipster/briefs etc.

toppers3933
    Free Member

Intense uzzi vpx. It rode ok but the quality of it was shocking. Ive brought much cheaper frames that were massively better quality. If that was hand made american quality, you can keep it.

Greybeard
    Free Member

Prestaflator – supposed to the best tyre inflator for using on a compressor, excellent reviews; “smooth variable trigger” (that actually works so suddenly that you drop it in shock); “optional schrader fitting” so badly made it won’t stay on the valve. If I had bought it on eBay I’d have suspected a counterfeit but I bought it direct from the manufacturer in the USA, so that I could get the (useless) schrader fitting.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    finephilly
    Free Member

Raleigh dho. Shock mount peeled off frame on first outing. Rock shox super deluxe shock blew up. Fitted boxxers, hit a rock and tore through front triangle. No warranty. Buy British my arse. On the plus side, anything lezyne has been brilliant.

Mister-P
    Free Member

John Digweed live somewhere or other. I was expecting some deep intelligent house but it was very bland thumping with very little interesting going on.

bearnecessities

John Digweed live somewhere or other. I was expecting some deep intelligent house but it was very bland thumping with very little interesting going on.

Torquay, circa 1997 by any chance?!

(Oh, and most clothing sold by USC. I am old enough to know better)

john_drummer
    Free Member

Mk II Renault 5 TR. the number of things that broke or simply stopped working over the two years I had it…
    shame as the car I traded in for it, a Mk I 5TL was ace, as cheap 10 year old cars for new drivers go…

I’d like to say “a football club” but (a) my name isn’t Cellino and (b) the sale hasn’t been ratified by the football league yet 😉 MOT

richmars

Many years ago, a blue V8 Range Rover.
    I had to have one, but could only afford a wreck. Driving it home made me wake up to the problems. Managed to give(!) it back to the owner, only loosing about £700!

samuri
    Free Member

Ppretty much any tablet I ever used was just a bit crap from ipads to nexus.

Hatchet

mildred

Phil & Teds tandem sport buggy. Jeez… Where to begin?

The wife had to have one when our kids were born. I was looking at it from the point of view of someone that buys lots of bike stuff and have certain expectations about build quality and the relationship with price; everything wobbled or didn’t go together properly, the tyres were paper thin and punctured if you gave them a funny look, it was unbalanced, unwieldy and lethal to fold down (think fingers and guillotine). And finally, if you had a kid in the lower, rear seat and went up or down kerbs, steps etc. you smashed their spine/coccyx into it due to the shoddy thin seating arrangement. What a pile of crap. I have no idea why they’re so popular.

orangeboy
    Free Member

In the last year my fox 34. Much promised and utter rubbish
    Hopefully a float conversation next week will finally fix them

NZCol

VW Golf R with DSG box. Worst. Gearbox. Ever.

khani
    Free Member

A Rover Metro, it looked immaculate but it never completed a journey without breaking down, I swapped it for a sheddy old 1.6L Crapi that had passenger door made of body filler, loads wrong with it, but it never actually broke down..
    Then I got a 2.8i, but that should be on the fun car thread..

Houns

Samsung galaxy s4

Waited ages for it to come out, pile of crap, wish I had stayed with HTC

Latest bike purchase, showers pass gloves. Only 3 rides old, not overly warm, not overly water resistant and liner in thumb area is not stitched right so hurts my thumb. Bagowank. (Yes purchased them based on STW’s review in the last mag)

jock-muttley
    Free Member

My ex wife…

Took me 22 years to realise that “psycho vindictive bitch” is not the standard default setting on women. Thrown back in the pond, may god have mercy on the next poor sod she gets her claws into.

Mister-P
    Free Member

On the suject of pants, I find H&M’s organic cotton trunks to be excellent. Anything from BHS however is rather shonky and short lived.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Motorola defy, utter crap
    Samsung galaxy tablet, ok to watch things on but any finger / screen stuff, no.
    Skoda Octavia, new, broke down 8 times in 2 years.
    PPI, got a refund 😀

fubar
    Free Member

Lezyne Floor Drive pump – the push on head pops off easily with road pressures and the alternative screw on head is just a bit slow to use.

Lezyne Multi-Tool – the whole thing is so bulky and yet the tools so short that it’s hard to use in any confined space.

Lezyne Power Drive XL (light) – despite running in flash mode turns it self off after 90 minutes to 2 hours. Can be turned back on for a while then will turn off again. I have 2 batteries and both do the same (and after a rest and back home the whole thing works fine again).

I probably shouldn’t buy anything else from Lezyne (although I like the first on bike pump I bought) !

klumpy
    Free Member

An MG Midget, late-ish model. Why put a redline on the dial when it won’t rev past 3000? Dunno who picked the gear ratios but it could barely pull 4th on the flat on a still day. In the year the one I bought was registered VW released the golf GTi, and some poor sod bought this!

AlexSimon

A Hazro monitor.
    Had a fault right from the beginning (uneven gradients), which they refused to acknowledge. Support would take 2 weeks to respond and there was no phone number available (despite loads of people on overclockers trying). Eventually they went bust and emerged under the same name without honouring warranties.

Had to live with it for 2 years before I could afford a replacement Dell which has been fantastic.

lucien

cfinnimore – Member
    Corduroy POC shorts.

I don’t know why either.

POSTED 15 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Take me through your thought process on this………….

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

My previous house, looked great until we figured out two days after moving in that the neighbours enjoyed drunken brawls and 3am kareoke, all done just the other side of a single brick party wall.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

A Jansport laptop/carry on luggage bag. Utter garbage.

saps
    Free Member

My G-shock Riseman has an inaccurate barometer and an utterly useless altimeter…looks great though 🙂
    Off to buy a Suunto Core!

DezB
    Free Member

“Waterproof” padlocks from Amazon.
    Few days rain and I don’t trust them on my garage anymore, they feel like they will sieze up.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Mudguards from Crud. Rubbish.

By the way, why do carpenters need a special shaped pencil?

ransos
    Free Member

I find our easy to steer, fold, and it goes over kerbs just fine with two kids in it. The shopping basket is too low though, I give you that.

AlexSimon

By the way, why do carpenters need a special shaped pencil?

And what self-respecting carpenter wouldn’t use a knife to sharpen them!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

mrblobby, it’s all here.

brassneck

Weird. With 3 kids I reckon it was some of the best money I’ve ever spent, and we live in a village of no pavements so it’s taken a right beating.. and still going strong. It’ll resell just fine in a year too.

spikyjames
    Free Member

Fox Flux helmet,

Made me look like Calimero and the strap around the back of my head was so uncomfortable on longer rides.

willard

A cheap kitchen timer so that I would not have to use a watch when I was RCOing a formal shoot with timings. It is/was shite. I ponied up the extra on a decent large display stopwatch that is far, far better. 87p wasted…

Also, my Rover 620 SLDi. The worst car I have ever, ever, EVER bought or driven. EVER. Horrible thing. I only bought it because of the fuel economy, but even that was not as good as expected. Still, at least I drove it until it died. I just wish I could have ensured it stayed dead. Vile car.

marcus7
    Free Member

The pencils are that shape so a chisel point can be made of the tip, using it in the narrow edge lasts longer when making out as it is effectively a bigger surface. This means you have to sharpen it less times, and sharpening takes (IMO) less time as you are cutting fewer times due to there being four distinct sides (rather than a round or hex shape).

DezB
    Free Member

mrblobby – Member
    Mudguards from Crud. Rubbish.

Obviously not Racer Guards, cos they are the best thing ever invented. (for road bikes)

toppers3933
    Free Member

Just remembered I brought a suunto altimeter/watch. Completely shite. You had to constantly tell IT what the atmospheric pressure and often your altitude was. So you knew your altitude because you had to look it up on a **** map. You could tell it the pressure and altitude and leave it on the table come back 2 hrs later and it would be showing the wrong altitude. Ridiculous. I didn’t really buy it for that feature, I just liked the look of it but the fact that it’s main usp was so crap really annoyed me. Sold it for what I brought it for though so no real harm done.

toppers3933
    Free Member

I hope you’re taking the piss dez.

DezB
    Free Member

Nope.

MrOvershoot

spikyjames – Member

Fox Flux helmet,

Made me look like Calimero and the strap around the back of my head was so uncomfortable on longer rides.

Exactly my thoughts, I can only assume its designed for people with very skinny necks or who ride bolt upright as if you look up the rear cradle/strap digs into your neck and either pushes the helmet forward over your eyes or up off your head :/

joolsburger
    Free Member

Lyzene shock pump utter pants Gauge was useless, too thin to pump comfortably and broke in two on literally first use. I’ll never buy another of their products.

toppers3933
    Free Member

😀

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 126 total)

The topic ‘So what have you bought, then realised it was crap?’ is closed to new replies.