Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • so what happended to ewok village then ?
  • iainc

had a nice run round the black at Glentress yesterday; surprised to see that ewok is no more though. What happended there then, H&S issue ?

richc
    Free Member

rotted I think

gonefishin
    Free Member

I remember reading something a while back the jist of which was that it had reached the end of it’s design life and was therefore being taken down. I think there is a plan to replace it with something although I’m not too sure. Nothing to do with H&S though.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Hi which are the best bits of the Black then? we’re going up in a few weeks and want to try and do some sort of combo of spooky wood and then maybe conect onto the black

sootyandjim
    Free Member

The H&S police, earlier today.

😉

stilltortoise
    Free Member

*phew* Last time I rode it I had a fight with the see-saw and I lost. I managed to dismount from the top of the “see” (or is it the bottom of the “saw”?) and landed on my feet. What impressed the onlookers was that I was riding SPDs. I’m not sorry to see it go (cue running away from my fears…)

iainc

some folks like to do the first sections of the black up past the radio mast, then cut off where the boundary trail splits, by veering right, down to the top of Spooky Wood. Personally I tend to ride the full black, or the full red

Smee
    Free Member

B.A.Nana – Deliverance is the best part of the black. You could go down Spooky Wood, turn left at the bottom, then turn left at the bottom of that trail to get to deliverance.

Another alternative would be to go to the top of the red, join up with the boundary trail and do the black from there on.

chakaping
    Free Member

That’s a shame, I was gradually getting better at riding it every time I went up.

Did the see-saw go too?

a11y

“some folks like to do the first sections of the black up past the radio mast, then cut off where the boundary trail splits, by veering right, down to the top of Spooky Wood.”

That’s exactly what we did yesterday – nice combo as you get the first bit of black descent (lovely) and Britney – but it misses out the boundary trail and Deliverance, which are both good. But it’s a dilemma for me as I love the red Spopky Woods descent too.

Next time I go I’d like to try:
    – black route as far as Deliverance and the Redemption climb
    – use the Deliverance/Redemption shortcut backwards to link the bottom of Spooky Wood climb, via a bit of blue
    – ride Spooky Woods and continue on the red (taking in the Pie Run, etc)

Would be a nice route but would likely kill my riding mates though…

Also, does anyone else prefer the final blue section of trail (with the jumpy bits) instead of the final red/black trail?

druidh
    Free Member

a11y – Member

Also, does anyone else prefer the final blue section of trail (with the jumpy bits) instead of the final red/black trail?

The new bit down to the access road? Absolutely.

studioderm
    Free Member

Take the red up, but turn off to the radio mast on the fire road before the spooky woods turn off, then you get the radio mast and the black boundary trail / deliverance / black dog and all the best bits of the black return. head back on the red mushroom pie / magic mushroom trails. the fala brae is well worn and rutted, the blue finish can get quite traffic heavy on a weekend but well worth a go.

enjoy!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘so what happended to ewok village then ?’ is closed to new replies.