Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • So – What do you do when……………
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

You are happy with all your bikes?

I have plenty of bikes to suit my needs – all are well sorted with no repairs needed. I have no use for anything else on the bicycle front. The only fettling required is a bit of routine maintenance and I am up to date on all that.

I even have enough time to ride them when I want.

Its a sad state of affairs Tommy 🙁

GW
    Free Member

argue with strangers on the internet
    😉

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I wish I could say the same. Mine all have a problem, and I’ve lost interest in maintaining them.

flip
    Free Member

Invent a new niche to want.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

GW – Member
    argue with strangers on the internet

POSTED 58 SECONDS AGO # REPORT-POST

I genuinely don’t know if you’re refering to yourself or TJ!

🙂

GW
    Free Member

anyone who’s content with all their bikes 😉
    (as I have been for many years 😆 )

james
    Free Member

find/discover/build/upkeep some trails?

Spend time doing something else?

I too wish I could say the same, can’t be bothered with them atm. Keep telling myself I’ll sort what needs doing when it snows

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Anyone in Edinburgh need bikes fettled? – one midddleaged man with OCD requires bikes for fettle Has own toolkit ( 14″ monkey wrench and large hammer)

piha
    Free Member

Go exploring.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Go exploring.

did that monday and thursday – found some new trails 🙂

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I am a happy man – just found a seized jockey wheel to sort

romster
    Free Member

You are happy with all your bikes?

Look at buying a vast array of cycling jerseys (even if you wouldn’t wear it)!!!

mates rates? 😆

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Tee hee.

Bagstard
    Free Member

I currently have a shed full of bike problems and no time to fettle, let alone ride. 🙁

romster
    Free Member

Tee hee.

🙂

I’m off to feed a reindeer this afters with junior and the better half (and get the christmas tree). Should be fun.

My afternoon.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Give me one, and build yourself up another? :mrgreen:

Andyhilton
    Free Member

You could always enter threads with a completely contrary opinion and and then suck the life out of the thread… oh

Kbrembo
    Free Member

Cycle them….

Dickyboy

I am looking forward to having the same experience TJ

GW
    Free Member

kbrembo it’s a bit windy and spitting in embru the now

iDave
    Free Member

I’ve been happy with both my bikes for years. However, I would like new ones. This distresses me as the new ones I would like are stupidly expensive and I have no obvious need for them.

Northwind

I developed a coping technique for this- carbon fibre rims. As long as they exist, I’ll never be completely happy with my bikes. Yet, short of winning the lottery there’s absolutely zero chance of getting them. Perfect!

Also I have my BMX, which no matter what I do to it will still be a bloomin BMX, its entire purpose is to make me feel old and crap. You can have a loan if you like.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member
    neilthewheel

Once I had more than 1 bike I thought it would reduce the amount of wear and tear by spreading the load around. Instead I seem to have a garage full of bikes that need something doing to them every time I ride them. For instance, Last weekend I discovered my wife’s brake discs were worn out and removing one of them involved 2 hours of drilling to get a stuck bolt out. On Weds night I got a stick through my rear mech and bent it. Today I rode the road bike and the gears went all out of kilter. I found the cable was about to snap at the lever end 😐

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘So – What do you do when……………’ is closed to new replies.