Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • So what books are you reading/read recently?
  • johnny_met
    Free Member

May I recommend Dividing the Great on kindle

samuri
    Free Member

My Time – Brad on a real book, that’s my current bog book.
    Next bog book will be Dune which I’ve read before but I fancy another read of it.

On the kindle
    The Keep by a recommendation on here, thanks for that. it’s a good book.
    The second science fiction megapack 25, these are really good. Very cheap, lots of short sci-fi stories. Some real gems in there.
    The Game: Undercover in the Secret Society of Pickup Artists – funny book, interesting.

Queued up on the kindle are
    Cornbread
    UnLunDun
    Slabscape: reset

atlaz
    Free Member

Just read all of the Berlin Noir books by Philip Kerr. As the name suggests, film noir style detective novels set in 1930s Berlin. Got about another 20-30 books queued up on the Kindle but quite fancy finishing The Stranger by Camus next.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    camo16
    Free Member

[shameless plug] This and it’s incredible! [/shameless plug]

Only £1.91 on Amazon, you say?

Why that’s a bargain! 8)

EDIT: Apologies for the super-size image!

miketually
    Free Member

Currently reading A Blink of the Screen – a collection of Terry Pratchett’s earlier writing, which I’m struggling to get through.

Before that was A Young Atheist’s Handbook by Alom Shaha, which I enjoyed. Not particularly in-depth but nice to read from a ‘Muslim’ perspective.

I picked up For The Win by Cory Doctorow for 25p and thoroughly enjoyed that.

Prior to that I reread Pratchett’s Tiffany Aching books (The Wee Free Men, etc.) which were as excellent as I remember, and look like Mint Sauce cartoons in my head.

cupra
    Free Member

Just Finished F * * k It by John C Parkin and now reading Scotland End to End by Cameron McNeish which is taking for ever because I keep looking at the pictures then digging out and poring over the relevant OS map 🙂

willard

Currently reading:

Freaconomics (Hardback)
    Cyber War: The Next Threat to National Security and What to Do about It (Hardback)
    Relentless Forward Progress (Hardback)
    1632 (digital)

DavidB
    Free Member
    2tyred

Coming to the end of Kieron Smith, Boy by James Kelman. Written with a 10 year old boy’s narrative, on the gentler end of Kelman’s vernacular scale. Curiously enjoyable, in the way most of his novels are, without being scintillating in the way his best ones are.

Next up is either The Blue Book by AL Kennedy or Gilead by Marilynne Robinson, while I wait for Alan Warner’s The Deadman’s Pedal to appear in paperback.

Paper books. Not opposed to e-readers, just don’t have one.

Flattyres
    Free Member

Currently rereading my paperback Jeff Noon trilogy. Just finished Vurt, now on to Pollen,Nymphomation will be next. Fantastic and surreal, they are some of my favourites ever books.

Gunz
    Free Member

HMS Ulysees – Alistair MacLean – paperback, awesome read, especially for someone in the RN like myself.
    Needful Things – Audiobook for my weekly long commute – read by Stephen King himself, good fun.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

“Just into ‘Obsessive Compulsive Cycling Disorder’ Uncomfortable reading it and recognising elements of yourself! Great read!”

I got this for Xmas… really rather good… more of a pick up/put down type of thing. I will not be reading from cover to cover… but recommended…. STW gets a mention more than once, but that might be a good thing or bad ?!?

seosamh77
    Free Member

Decided to put Winter and Madrid aside last night, for the moment, and picked up another of Clavells Asian sage, King Rat. Good Read so far, yer man is very easy to read, going through it at a rate of knots! 🙂

Coyote
    Free Member

The City and The City – China Mieville

Took a bit more getting into than the other stuff I’ve read of his but ticking the boxes now. 🙂

Not sure what to go for next. Will re-read this thread then.

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

Just finished Shogun myself & am still waiting for the ending 🙁

Ghost wars at the moment

seosamh77
    Free Member

Gee-Jay – Member
    Just finished Shogun myself & am still waiting for the ending

Aye know exactly what ye mean, should have went on for another few hundred pages(atleast), probably should have been a part 2!

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

I know, you have to have read the other books to know the Noble House was still going in modern day

Still waiting for Tai Pan on kindle

ittaika
    Free Member

just finished ‘home’ by bill bryson and ‘The Forever War’ by Joe Haldeman. both on paper and both excellent.

rocketman
    Free Member

About 2/3 through Mein Kampf

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘So what books are you reading/read recently?’ is closed to new replies.