Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • So what are you married lot planning on spending your tax break on?
  • kimbers

Well I’m going to make my wife give up work so we can claim it, that’s what the Tories want isn’t it ?

stumpyjon

Pdw, in your dreams, if you read the BBC coverage camerthief is generously allowing couples to transfer a grand of personal tax allowance to the partner earning more. This means unless one of you us earning less than nine grand you won’t get the extea £200 per year. It’s a pointless policy that will cost a lot to adminster and benefit relatively few.

nealglover
    Free Member

My understanding was that it was an *extra* £1,000 that you could add to either partner’s tax free allowance, provided that you were both basic rate payers.

No sorry, that’s not it.

john_drummer
    Free Member

did I miss something? what tax break?

stumpyjon

Nope you didn’t miss anything, party conference fluff, no substance.

john_drummer
    Free Member

ah, the typical empty promise then. I’ll go back to sleep now

matt_outandabout

We might be independent by then, and ‘Our Leader’ seems to be promising the earth (or at least its contents) to the Nation.

emma82
    Free Member

No idea how this is to work but if the Govt gives me £1k I’m going to spend it in sex, drugs an chocolate.

nealglover
    Free Member

No idea how this is to work but if the Govt gives me £1k I’m going to spend it in sex, drugs an chocolate.

Sounds good.

But you would need to be married to five different people who don’t have jobs.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Sounds like another bebefit that will cost more to administer than it actually pays out.

Silly old civil servants.

footflaps

Silly old civil servants.

They didn’t think up the stupid policy, they just have to implement it.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘So what are you married lot planning on spending your tax break on?’ is closed to new replies.