Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • So what are you doing with the family this bank holiday?
  • Harry_the_Spider

Crap weather means that we are indoors.

The Little Mermaid movie night – not my choice, but we did have The Force Awakens last week

Swimming lessons

Laser Quest – Only £3.50 before 12:00 noon!

Massive Scalextric – Wife will be watching Man U. so we will be hiding away from her blast radius

MOSI

That should stop us from going stir crazy. If the sun had been out we were going to go to Conwy ? 😕

jekkyl

little hill walk with my 5yr old to the top of a little hill, she loves it. See what’s on kids AM at the Vue. Swimming perhaps. Lunch out. Mooch round the house. who knows!

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Moving to Cumbria 😀

soobalias
    Free Member

gonna get an early start on the M25 after lunch.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Brutalist Ride around London tomorrow, seeing all the architecture with funny angles before it gets knocked down. A group of 30 of us, all in bestest roll necks, leica cameras, thick rimmed glasses, on foldies. Yah, di blah.

Then, supper.

CX ride on Sunday with mates.

Monday, yeah.. dunno…

sandwicheater

Leaving them to play around at the Dyfi. I’m not in the good books.

binners

Given the weather I think me, Mrs Binners and the Binnerettes will definitely be heading to the very bestest place in the whole wide world EVER! at some point.

Just bought the Force Awakens on DVD, and a whole world of munchie food for a fillum evening 😀

theotherjonv

Henley Food Festival (not in Henley, though, oddly)

Cheffing demos, celebrity book signings, etc. And lots of free samples and stuff to eat.

MoreCashThanDash

Meeting friends at some sort of Superheroes event at Bakewell, before MCJnr goes off to see his musical hero in concert in Birmingham. James Galway. FFS. Kids these days!

Then a gentle 100k audax on Monday for me. Hoping the postman brings my Greggs jersey in time. I want to pair it with my Fat Lad At the Back shorts for the complete look!

midlifecrashes

Tour de Yorkshire, son’s birthday with mates sleepover.

pondo

In the last six months I have:
    – Been in a play
    – Done a boxing match
    – Had christmas
    – Been in another play
    – Been to Japan
    – Done a ten minute monologue to 200 banqueting guests
    – Worked backstage on a third play
    – Been bus as heck at work
    And I am knackered.

At no point in those six months have I touched a bike, and since the boxing match at the end of November I have been piling on pounds like a blue whale calf, so this weekend I aim to somehow combine relaxing my ass off with some gentle cycling.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Welding them into a shipping container and burying it

matt_outandabout

DofE Bronze qualifying exped. Eldes_OAB has to put up with his father being supervisor for the weekend…. 😆
    Other two and mrs_oab were hoping to knock off another Munro, but forecast and hill snow says ‘not a good move’, so likely a low level walk.
    Hoping for a paddle of the canoes on Monday.

Drac

My eldest was 13 last week having a big party for her and her friends tomorrow, other than that I’m working. Except today just up from nights and now it’s day on the drink.

johndoh
    Free Member

Saturday: Take the puppy for a little walk with the kids then have the rest of the morning hitting the gym hard (if I play it right, I will hit my 66kg target – down from 76kg 18 months ago) then taking the girls to their swimming lesson and on to the shops to buy 40th presents for mummy.

Sunday: Rearrange the entire contents of the garage to make room for pipeworks to be moved and a door knocking through from the house.

Monday: No plans yet.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Dumping Jnr FD at the grand parents and going off for some sun for a few days with Mrs FD currently 24deg and sunny. 8)

chudsy
    Free Member

http://www.swffd.co.uk/ have tickets for this on sunday, me and jnr have been looking forward to it for awhile. Not sure how the weather in Burnley will affect the cosplayers though.

hairylegs
    Free Member

Observing POET’s Day today. Starting the weekend with a gentle ride (29 out of 29 in Ride30) along the canal to the LBS. Spending the evening in front of TV with red wine catching up on episodes of Follow the Money and enjoying a teenager free house for a night!

Saturday: Long C-X ride with a pub lunch with the missus to celebrating completing Ride30 before picking up teenage daughter. If her hangover is anything like last time she’ll still be minging by the time we pick her up!! Saturday night should be relatively teenager free as she’ll go straight to bed to aid recovery – when do they ever learn?! Bike themed movie night: Inspired to Ride, Ride the Divide and The Flying Scotsman.

Sunday: Planning and MTB outing somewhere different – haven’t decided yet. Teenager is welcome to join us, but will most likely decline as she’s decided biking with her mum and dad isn’t cool anymore!

Monday: Missus is having to work so it’ll be keeping her company on her commute to work and a little extra loop home before pootling around the house and garage. Main objective to get the sea kayaking kit ready for next weekend after it not having seen any action since last October.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Mrs J is working Sat & Sun so It’ll be begging them not to declare war in Sainsburys, take eldest climbing, spend the day playing a little game we call “chase the mess” oh it’s great, they destoy the living room, so I tidy it, only to discover once I’m done they’ve destroyed the dining room, so I clean that only to discover… we play ALLLLLLLLL day sometimes.

Monday, I thought, you know, I might get out on my bike – but it seems that Mrs J has stitched me up like a kipper – many weeks ago she causally mentioned that there’s a fayre down the road BH monday and would I like to take them – “but of course dear” I said, but she knows full-well that if she said “there’s a fayre down the road BH monday, would you like to take us – but bare in mind it’s my weekend to work” I would have said “Oh hell no, sod that, it’ll be crap, it’ll cost me £50 some how and I’ll hate every moment of it, I’d rather eat my own face”. So she omitted that part.

So I’m riding Sunday afternoon-evening, when it’s due to be cold, wet and windy.

rossendalelemming
    Free Member

Binners – I’m doing something similar, building one of these RetroPie
    The Raspberry is done, the Full size two player cabinet was delivered last week. So it’s painting time for the kids.

Sandwich

Moving daughter and the son-in-law into his new pub from the old one. It’s the first one he gets to manage on his own. There may be beer involved.

dannybgoode

Super hero day at Bakewell show ground. Babybgoode doesn’t know yet – going to surprise him. Can’t wait…

ads678

Got a new snowboard for my birthday last week so me and the boy are going to xscape for a blast at some point over the weekend.

Other than probably fairly quiet, maybe a family ride somewhere and a bit of decorating, yay!!

mrsfry
    Free Member

Dress my cats up and teach the snakes how to climb a ladder

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

I think Grizedale tomorrow with the wee boys (one on his first proper bike, which is the awesomes, and his little brother on his balance bike). Looks a nice, bright (if cold) day.

Sunday is grim, so probably be a chill out/art/craft kinda day.

Monday… could be another adventure somewhere.

colournoise

Hmmmnnn.

Saturday. In-laws visiting so gentle dog walk and then a meal out at a local pub (luckily does VERY good food).

Sunday. Visit to a raptor refuge with the in-laws. Will take my camera so I’ll be happy.

Monday. Homework – my year 11s have their art exam from Tuesday onwards so final prep and support for that. Hopefully a ride out on the new Rocket time and weather permitting.

senorj

A quiet one ,staying local. The missus has an event on(with real life Hollywood superstar!) so I’m daddy day care.
    We’re off to Trent park for some trail clearing ,a birthday party and then home for a Wallace &gromit fest…hurrah.
    Feeding the ducks at Ally Pally may also be on the cards.

Alex

Currently.. timesheet and expenses so we can bill our customers
    Then… local bike ride on surprisingly dry trails with added bluebell
    Then.. a damp Ross beer fest, no chance of sunburn this year

After that, who the hell knows? The joy of having teenage kids is I’ll be back before they’re out of bed! Someone mentioned the cinema tomorrow and looking at the forecast, that’s fine with me..

jamj1974

Nice plans Binners and rossendalelemming! I may be tempted to investigate RetroPie more so thanks for the heads up! 🙂

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘So what are you doing with the family this bank holiday?’ is closed to new replies.