• This topic has 21 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by BFITH.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • So… what are my options for a new 26" frame.
  • BFITH
    Free Member

With my old frame being a bit ropey (not much paint left on it) and needing a new set of bearings, I was toying with the idea of a new frame – just replace everything from old bike onto new frame.
    After a bit of a search online I’m struggling to find any (new) 26″ frames around. Is anybody still making full suss 26″ frames?

funkybaj
    Free Member

You don’t mention how much travel you’re after, but there’s Transition who have just launched the Suppressor a 26″ wheeled frame.

BFITH
    Free Member

I’ve got 115-150 DPC sektors on the front at the mo… so something that would take those

P-Jay
    Free Member

Evil uprising & Cove G-Spot.

Not sure they’re ‘new’ frames though, rather than just frames from a few years ago still in production.

I’d bet money no one has currently got anything 26″ specific on the drawing board.

BFITH
    Free Member

I like the look of the suppressor but a bit dear – £1499 frame only

amedias
    Free Member

If it’s just paint and bearings and you like the frame you’ve got just fix it, repaint, and carry on.

If you just *want* a new bike that’s a different matter, new 26er full-bouncers are becoming harder to find.

jam-bo

plenty of s/h 26″ bargains around.

sold my ST4 for £250, bought a bandit for £400

BFITH
    Free Member

If it’s just paint and bearings and you like the frame you’ve got just fix it, repaint, and carry on.

If you just *want* a new bike that’s a different matter, new 26er full-bouncers are becoming harder to find.

You might be on to some thing there!

StuE
    Free Member
    BFITH
    Free Member

On a slightly different tack… will my forks (1 1/8″ steerer) fit in a tapered head tube?

Rorschach
    Free Member

with this yes

BFITH
    Free Member

Excellent…thanks for the replies….

chestrockwell

Think Orange are still doing a 26″ Alpine 160.

rOcKeTdOg

Transition suppressor

stevied
    Free Member

Think Orange are still doing a 26″ Alpine 160.

Only available in small I believe. Mate at work was looking for a M frame and Orange are all out.

chestrockwell

Must just be offering the old stock then.

roverpig

Orange are still showing the Alpine 160 26″ frame on their web site. I thought they made these in small batches as the orders came in. So it might involve waiting a couple of weeks, but you should still be able to get one.

EDITE Too big a bike for those Sektors though.

stevied
    Free Member

Local dealer spoke to Orange and they are not making any more 26″ Alpine’s, just 27.5″ from now on.
    My mate will be selling his current, 16″ Alpine if interested?

edward2000
    Free Member

Wanna buy my large Intense Tracer 2 Frame, in red, with a CCDB air and a 1.5 degree angleset?

BFITH
    Free Member

Not really looking to purchase at the mo, more looking for advice, but feel free to email me some pics to tempt me!
    Email in profile.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘So… what are my options for a new 26" frame.’ is closed to new replies.