Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • So, we've bought our daughter a Wii for Crimbo – now what can it do!?
  • the-muffin-man

I've already downloaded the iPlayer channel, but are there any other essential features I should get/use (preferably free!)?

And no "you should have got an Xbox!" comments please!! My daughter is six and doesn't give a monkeys about the best graphics and power!

Ta

Zedsdead
    Free Member

The Wii is brilliant. Our kids love it. Adults with a couple of drinks is a right laugh too.

What games did you get? If you have any friends with one you can play against them online. Mario Kart is excellent.

midlifecrashes

In the shopping channel thing you can get an internet browser, quite handy sometimes. We have a bookmark for our favourite internet tv guide, tvguide.co.uk as it's better than the telly's EPG. Cant remember how many points it costs as our kids had loads from DS consoles and games. You can jailbreak them if that's your thing and then you can run them as a DVD/mpeg player.

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

Just got Formula 1 F1 2009 for ours. Too tough for the kids but you might like it 🙂

the-muffin-man

Have got…

• F1 2009 (possibly for me!)
    • Rabbids go home
    • Star Wars Lego

And the Sports and Sports Resort so far.

clubber
    Free Member

I'd say that mariokarts is a must. Online is brilliant.

bassspine
    Free Member

Lego games rule!

stumpyjon

Lego games rule!

Too right, we've got both the Indiana Jones ones and the Batman one (had the Star Wars ones for the PC). Even my wife likes playing them and she hates video games. I think it's the fact you can both play at the same time she likes. Think there is a Harry Potter Lego game coming out next year.

dawson

Are you in my house?

Wii for Christmas – Check
    Wii Sports – Check
    Installed iPlayer – Check
    Formula 1 2009 – Check
    Lego Star Wars – Check

We got some pretend Lightsabre's that light up and make the right noise when you switch them on too.

And, Yes, the Lego Star Wars game is the coolest thing ever!

MrOvershoot

And, Yes, the Lego Star Wars game is the coolest thing ever!

Right up to the point where my 10 year old nephew kicks my ass every time on it 🙄

loddrik
    Free Member

I was lookingat one of these to play with my daughter, plus the wife is intrigued by the Wii Fit, anyone have any experience of it?

prettygreenparrot

MarioKart is great fun, love playing that at friends' houses. The kids get a look in too. Lots more fun than any of the F1 sims. My children were upset that Rabbids go home wasn't available on PS3. Having seen the ads I can see why.

Lego star wars – a must. The other lego games are great.
    Clone wars – great fun.

Chainline
    Free Member

Having done the same, still resisting the kids having DS's despite pestering (31/2 and 6) what's iplayer?

SonicTheHedgehog
    Free Member

Loddrik.
    Wi-fit is great. Have now got wi-fit plus as well. Great family games inc.
    Wife loves it and really easy to play and good variety of games.
    My kids are 4 & 6 and have no problems!

Drac

Wii-fit is good exercise thing seems not bad, the daft game you get with it or excellent we have plus now too. Off to my parents for a meal now and it's coming with us.

llama

what's iplayer?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/

if you have a 6 year old girl then you will be getting Animal Crossing

Too_Punk_To_Funk
    Free Member

mario galaxy and animal crossing are very young child friendly and last a long time too…

spooky_b329

I got one too…black with Sports and Sports Resort 🙂

Great fun…F1 2009 noted, any other decent driving games available?

fubar
    Free Member

put some photos on a memory card..insert into Wii and then use the photo channel for simple 'play' editing…or tile the pictures for puzzles.

tthew

Nobody mentioning Guitar Hero?

Tip for this, if your telly is near the front of the house, close the curtains when you play or you get some really strange looks from passers by!

samuri
    Free Member

the wii fit is a great addition. When you get some of the proper games for it it's even better too. We have a snowboarding game which is fantastic. Proper party game.

sc-xc

tthew – Member

Nobody mentioning Guitar Hero?

DJ Hero is where it's at now…it's the shiz.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘So, we've bought our daughter a Wii for Crimbo – now what can it do!?’ is closed to new replies.