Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • So.. weight loss then…
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Lost 3kg recently. How did I do it?

Eat MORE move more.

Makes you think.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

How much for a copy of that plan?

MSP

PED’s (could mean two things).

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nickc

You started this thread for a bet, didn’t you…

thomthumb
    Free Member

Eat MORE move more.

just as it’s not as simple as calories in calories out, it;s not this simple either.

Are you eating more of the same (and what is that in terms of calories/macros) and moving more of the same intensity, or doing something different on one or both counts.

soobalias
    Free Member

Eat MORE, move more

moving more regularly or more quantity or both?
    cut back on the immodium? finally tried the raw chicken diet?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Eat MORE move more

the Pac-Man diet?

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

waka waka?

BoardinBob

You probably burn quite a lot of calories climbing out from under your bridge 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

just as it’s not as simple as calories in calories out, it;s not this simple either.

Of course not – thread title is facetious of course.

Seems to me that there are two approaches – eat less move more to give a calorie deficit. However, it might also be the case that eating more allows you to do more exercise, and encourages more muscle growth afterwards which then increases metabolic rate. Also it might enable more higher intensity which could stimulate other beneficial effects.

At the moment I’m doing more longer rides in the evenings whilst away (one or two 3-5 hr), and a few at weekends; also some KBs and the odd run. Because I’m eating more* I feel fantastic when riding and I’m hammering around all over the place. And loving it too, far more enjoyable than struggling through fatigue. I recover much better when I eat more.

Previously I wasn’t doing many long rides (1x3hr per week), but was trying to do short high intensity workouts and keeping the carb intake down. I found that I couldn’t do high enough intensity to get a benefit whilst trying calorie/carb restriction.

Losing weight slowly, apparently losing waist inches much more quickly, getting faster quite quickly.

* taking on carbs during the ride, and afterwards; snacking (not very healthily) during the day occasionally, having soup and brown bread for lunch; trying to keep GI down (no sugary soft drinks, no sweets, no white bread and little starch); protein rich breakfast.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘So.. weight loss then…’ is closed to new replies.