Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • So we have our first solo gold at the games
  • jd-boy
    Free Member

So Amy Williams has won Gold at the winter games, well done to her, thats a fantastic effort considering its not a sport we do in the UK,

Only things that now concerns me is, will she become a Dam or Lady in the honers list, which brings me to the point, how long has Steve Peat been trying to become World Champion and finally got it last year, what will he get for all his efforts over the last 10 Plus years?.

cyclistm
    Free Member

Both excellent achievments, but world champs is not equal to an olympic championship (albeit a winter one) in my eyes at least

TheDBF
    Free Member

Who is Steve Peat ?

StuMcGroo
    Free Member

steve peat? isn't he from the north? he'll probably be given freedom of the woolshops shopping centre!

EDIT: seriously though, well done to amy williams, 'kin brilliant.

maxsatnav
    Free Member

and the canadians have tried to say that she should have the medal taken away because of the "design of her helmet"… they cant stand being beat in their own back yard

Gary_C

"design of her helmet"

Apparently the protest was about aerodynamic fins on her helmet,which they thought were 'add-ons',which aren't allowed,but the fins are part of the helmet moulding,so are within the rules.Anyway,the FIBT (the sports governing body)have thrown the protest out.Damn right too.

Well done,Amy!!

nickjb
    Free Member

considering its not a sport we do in the UK,

sledging??!

It was virtually a national past-time the last few months

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘So we have our first solo gold at the games’ is closed to new replies.