Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • So…. WC Finals….
  • mikey74
    Free Member

Athy or Stevie for the win?

Stevie has the momentum and the form, but I don’t underestimate Athy’s determination, although that could also count against him.

I think the course suits them both, but I’m gonna go with Stevie. He seems like a nice chap too.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Atherton FTW under pressure though Smith is looking good up there.

mikey74
    Free Member

The trouble is I think Gee puts too much pressure on himself sometimes, whereas Smith just looks cool and relaxed most of the time. I’d know which I’d rather be at the starting hut tomorrow afternoon.

alpin
    Free Member

Leogang is a 2hr drive from here, but i have a job tomorrow in Frankfurt. =(

agree with Mikey above.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’m trying to sort a work trip to Cairns next year to go watch 🙂

Whatever I will try and stay up and watch

kudos100
    Free Member

Gee has done it before so I think the pressure is on Smith.

matt1986
    Free Member

I think Gee will do it. I agree Smith has looked class but Gee has been here before and done if all.

jonjones262
    Free Member

sat in work in Frankfurt, fighting the urge to hire a car and drive over….gah!!

downgrade
    Free Member

might be wrong but looked like Gee was really feeling the pressure last week

chakaping
    Free Member

Looks like Stevie’s won qualifying, Gee third…

http://static.sportresult.com/federations/uci/CM/index.html

I was gonna say Sik Mik for the win, he’s got more to prove than either of the others at the moment.

mikey74
    Free Member

I was gonna say Sik Mik for the win, he’s got more to prove than either of the others at the moment.

They say that every round, but he always comes up short.

chakaping
    Free Member

he always comes up short.

He always will, until he wins.

mikey74
    Free Member

IF he wins. It’s like Bryceland and Fairclough: Everyone says how promising riders they are but how long are they going to keep on being “promising” and actually start delivering?

I do think Mick Hannah will win one eventually, but I can’t see him ever being that consistent. Happy to be proved wrong, though.

chakaping
    Free Member

Not being unkind about them, but neither Bryceland or Fairclough look ready to win right now.

Mick does, and so does Loic Bruni (and possibly Sam Hill again).

It’s great that there’s so many potential winners now: Gee, Stevie, Greg, Brook and Danny as well as the above.

sam123
    Free Member

Mick does have one win under his belt – although it was way back in 2006.

Only a matter of time till Bruni wins. Would like Stevie to get the overall tomorrow. After qualifying he is now 3 points in the lead.

mikey74
    Free Member

Mick does have one win under his belt – although it was way back in 2006.

I was mainly referring to since he stopped playing cricket and came back to the sport.

Another good quali by Peaty too, showing many of the youngsters how to do it.

TBH I would quite like to see Stevie get it as well.

As for Hill? He doesn’t seem to be the same rider any more.

mikey74
    Free Member

Danny Hart and Sam Hill crashed by the look of it.

chakaping
    Free Member

Yeah, both protected though I expect.

I think a surprising number of Brits would like to see Stevie win.

Sam Hill says he’s finally back as fast as he used to be, I think he’s just not managed to stay on in the right race yet. And the sport has moved on of course.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘So…. WC Finals….’ is closed to new replies.