Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • So today I turn 40
  • spanishbarry
    Free Member

What can I expect , will life begin with a big bang and how did it effect all the other over 40's here , turning 30 felt a little depressing to be honest

Pigface
    Free Member

Happy Birthday dont worry about the numbers, I spent my 40th surfing glassy Fresh West. One of the best days of my life.

the_lecht_rocks

i've 4 weeks to go………….! 😯

psling
    Free Member

What can I expect.

Your memory to start going – I can't even remember being 40… 😕

Oh, Happy Birthday!

shooterman

I turn 40 in just over 18 months.

I'm dreading it to be honest. I'm working towards getting in shape / healthy and being as debt free as possible for turning 40.

iamsporticus
    Free Member

Turned 40 recently

Im feeling fairly happy with life and had all my mates down with their families for the weekend

30 was different
    I really didnt know who I was or what I wanted and it was a pretty big milestone
    I went camping in Wales with my gf of the time and re-enacted Withnail and I ,but minus the lighter fuel
    I really cant remember much of the weekend at all due to our consumption 🙂

Big contrast really which I often dwell on and basically reflects how things changed for me and my life worked out much more favourably than Id guessed

Cheers!

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Nothing happens at 40 IIRC 😥 . It's only a big a deal as you choose to make it. Strangely 35 was a bigger deal for me – I suddenly realised I was as close to 50 as I was to 20.

emac65
    Free Member

Never really this undestood why some people are so hung on age.I turned 44 last month,still feel 20 years younger,ache a bit more,my eyes aren't what they were & I occasionally p1ss myself but apart form that nothing's changed……

😀

Age isn't nothing but a number & life really is was you make it !

JohnClimber
    Free Member

"What can I expect"

Aches and Pains, the wife who's a couple of years older than me warned me but I didn't believe her.

My god she was right………

Getting old sucks…….

Happy Birthday by the way

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I'm looking forward to turning 60 in 2013, though I have to say I'd never imagined myself surviving to 40! Cherish every day and don't for a second think that age implies debility – it's that expectation which is the most destructive 🙁

"aches & pains" ?? Not yet!

iDave
    Free Member

Nothing changes except your age

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

saga catalogues thru' the door. smelling of piss and peppermint.

only kidding! enjoy your 40th!

starseven
    Free Member

Look out your arms and legs could drop off.

skiboy
    Free Member

I turned 40 last december,turn 41 this december, if you want to think about it in a bad way you could get real down, Me I felt pretty bad to start, luckly my mate at work, Brian, turned 60 a few months later,
    Now we will be up brickhill tomorrow and i will still be behind him all the way up and all the way down, we both do 70 miles a week to work and back, both on cannondale badboys, mine single, he's geared, sunday i will be on my cotic, he will be on his rocky mountain, i will be huffing and puffing and so will he, but in 20yrs if i'm riding like he does in the morning, i wont ever have a worry in the world, age doesn't matter a toss, just live and don't count and be as young as you want..

I like to look at it like this, i feel like i'm twenty but i have a beautiful wife, two beautiful daughters, my own house, 2 cars on the driveway and garage full of bikes, health and money in the bank,

20 or 40 ?, im happier now than i've ever been, i'm glad im 40..good luck and enjoy the wisdom of life

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Happy Birthday.
    I hated turning 40 tbh, couldn't even say the number…I was 3010!
    But life in my 40's is the best ever!!! Love it! 😀

I agree with emac65, although I'm happy to say my bladder is still intact! 😯

8)

skiboy
    Free Member

ok i do occasionally piss myself, but i'm 40.

My daughters only 5 and she pisses her bed more than me, so whats age got to do with it ? 😀

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

me too. act your shoe size not your age

flip
    Free Member

Happy birthday, i am 40 and truly feel like i've arrived, you can say things like i remember back when…. 😛

tankslapper
    Free Member

Happy Birthday – turned 43 the other day. Look forward to hair growing from places you wouldn't think possible, and being grateful you got this far 😆

40 is the new 30!

plumber
    Free Member

Started keeping a video diary around when I turn 40, it proves to me as if I had any doubt what an amazing life I have now. I absolutely refuse to compromise on anything, hence getting divorced, I have more fun than ever and am a lot less worried about the consequnces of any of my actions.

If in doubt, lean into it.

showerman
    Free Member

i turn 47 soon cannot remember turning 40, just been out fitting taps on a bath and can say it was easyier to fit them in my 20,s than in my 40's body is slowly falling apart.But still love a good alday ride, just more peee stops as you get older 😀

wombat

Happy Birthday.

I turned 40 a month ago, the run up to it was the worst part. I'm cool with it now.

IIRC the worst bit about the whole thing was people making silly comments about becoming 40 (oh, and being made to wear a "40 Today" badge by Mre Wombat).

wombat

Happy Birthday.

I turned 40 a month ago, the run up to it was the worst part. I'm cool with it now.

IIRC the worst bit about the whole thing was people making silly comments about becoming 40 (oh, and being made to wear a "40 Today" badge by Mrs Wombat).

Coyote
    Free Member

I spent my 40th happily sessioning the trails at Whistler with a few friends then a family meal at the Indian restaurant. Quality.

Strangely enough I did almost a carbon copy this year for my 43rd as well. Age is a state of mind.

Oh, and a very Happy Birthday!

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘So today I turn 40’ is closed to new replies.