Viewing 39 posts - 41 through 79 (of 79 total)
  • So today I bumped into the guy who ripped me off for £1k…
  • Daffy

You should’ve just pinned him to the floor and written “LIAR” across his forehead in permanent marker.

Scamper
    Free Member

Did he recognise you?

spchantler
    Free Member

It must be Sunday evening after the pub, the internet hard men are out

duncancallum

I’d probably do the same and then berate my self.

In an alternative universe an alternative you probable went all postal on him and got arrested. And now feels worse than you do now.

brant
    Free Member

£1000 lessons are tough but certainly lessons you remember.

DezB
    Free Member

It’s why Check-a-trade was invented.

chewkw
    Free Member

monksie – Member

“Go back next week and do it right this time.”

You’re not quite grasping the concept of ‘village fete’. [/quote]
    Surely you can make the ‘village fete’ more interesting if someone is confronting someone? No?

Rockape63
    Free Member

Dear oh dear….you’re clearly a bit of a walkover Harry.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I think Harry did exactly what any self respecting Englishman should. He tutted, gave a haughty look and bid the ne’er-do-well good day.

…you did give him a haughty look, right….right?!?!

Rockape63
    Free Member

Not really, they are just wondering why you wouldn’t even say something to someone who owes you a grand!

chewkw
    Free Member

spchantler – Member

😆 So funny!

I think we just want to know why he did not do something. 😀

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’ve still got 2 on my list:

My former landlord who rented me a flat twined with Atlantis, he strung me along for 12 months saying he’d fix the heating and/or the damp problem until I gave notice and left – he claimed the damp was my fault and gave an invoice for redecorating to the exact amount of my bond as “evidence” to the bond people, would took his side – they’re an “evidence based organisation” apparently, he had some, I had none so they simply gave him my £900 and told me to sod off. He knew the ropes, I didn’t and I’ve been annoyed ever since. I ordered some hardcore catalogues to his house but otherwise I’m still waiting for my opportunity to exact revenge.

My former employer who made me redundant 4 weeks before my wedding not because the business was struggling or I hadn’t done a brilliant job – but because my contract stated they had to pay me a bonus of £3k if I hit a certain target, I smashed it to bits, increased the number of their customers by the power of 10 over 2 years, but it was cheaper to make up some cock and bull story and make me redundant than pay what they promised to. They let me go via email over a weekend and blocked my email address from replying the gutless pricks. I got a new job in 3 days and spilled my guts to their competitors via a firm who contacted me on LI for a couple of grand, so I actually made more money, but I’ll ruin them if I get the chance. I trash them (honestly) if I’m ever asked about my time there – I’ve dared them to say I’m lying and they don’t have a non-disclosure so **** ’em.

colp

Don’t worry, you’ll bump into him again and have another chance, it’s fete.

monksie
    Free Member

“Surely you can make the ‘village fete’ more interesting if someone is confronting someone? No?”

They’re usually annual affairs rather than weekly.

jekkyl

Elect to trial by combat.

avdave2

Your a better man than me .

I don’t feel that way at the moment.

Well your a better man than him*

*I don’t know you so actually you might be a complete cock for all I know.**

**But still probably less of a cock than him so I guess my point is still valid. Oh and your wife and I share a relative in common in Henry Bowers and so she must have as good a judgement of people as me and if she married you then I’m going to concede that your very unlikely to be a cock at all.
    Hope that makes you feel better 🙂

thestabiliser
    Free Member

This is because you’re a vegetarian, if you were all **** up on bovine hormones and pig steroids you’d have stoved his maracas in.

FACT.

chewkw
    Free Member

monksie – Member

“Surely you can make the ‘village fete’ more interesting if someone is confronting someone? No?”

They’re usually annual affairs rather than weekly. [/quote]

Oh well, next year then but eventually the path will cross again.

hora
    Free Member

I thought it normal to be ripped off by a bathroom Fitter. ‘It just broke in my hands mate’, X you bought is just junk and to leave someone with a job 90% done.

Any NWest Tiler/handimen in here free to finish for me?

alpin
    Free Member

The OP earlier….

gears_suck
    Free Member

How easy it is to garner support in a beef without providing a scrap of evidence in support of the argument.
    There’s a constant dribble of internet hero’s through here. All full of great ideas for someone else’s retribution.
    I’m not going to tell you what I would have done, because I don’t know, but all you hard men need to remember one thing. You don’t have to be scared to get your ass kicked.

RichPenny
    Free Member

If you take up morris dancing, next year you can go in undercover and you’ll be legitimately armed:

OK, it might not be a stealth attack but I think the element of surprise will help you.

twonks

I’d say you did the right thing. Yes it was £1000 and probably more of a principal feeling of being had over.

But at the end of the day the crap he let behind has likely been sorted and lifes too short to bring further problems by starting something.

I’d have made sure I got eye contact, smiled and a nice good morning – assuming he remembered who I was. Then take a picture, walk away and do nothing.

Much better to leave him with a feeling of uncertainty 🙂

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

You’ve moved on.. he hasnt ..karma etc

hora
    Free Member

I think I know where ‘arry is coming from. I found the whole bathroom experience stressful. Invasive in your home and I just wanted rid/forget and move on.

Saying that did he take 1k and leave/not come back to do 1k’s worth of work?

I’d be having a conversation with him with a view to involving the Police tbh. Mine – we paid him for what he had done then asked if he could leave.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

I second the earlier comment regarding the application of a Marzocchi product, but hey, that’s the kinda guy I am.

Cougar

Elect to trial by combat.

So… it’s a fete worse than death?

hora
    Free Member

A bake off would be better and more savage.

The loser never eats a pudding again.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I’d be interested to hear, despite having a karate licence and all, how you managed to let yourself get ripped off for a grand in the first place.

RobHilton
    Free Member

So… it’s a fete worse than death?

Fait accompli, I think.

perchypanther
    Free Member

THere is no fete but what we make for ourselves…

hora
    Free Member

2004 was a long time ago mind

Cougar

THere is no fete but what we make for ourselves…

Today could have been a Judgement Day.

mudshark
    Free Member

2004 was a long time ago mind

Yeah – that £1k would be worth £2.2k now at 7% growth pa.

hora
    Free Member

revs1972
    Free Member

I’d be interested to hear, despite having a karate licence and all, how you managed to let yourself get ripped off for a grand in the first place.

Did a crap job and ran half way through. Couldn’t contact him (dead mobile, website down etc).

It happens. Today I was let down by a fabricator, I arranged a lorry to pick up steel that was not ready ( had been told it would be )
    Had plant / crane / men waiting on site. Expensive day with f all to show except for a peed off client. You put your trust in people and sometimes you get let down. Id like to give him a good crack, but as he has £25k of my steel in his yard I have to be nice….. for now

preciousmetals
    Free Member

Today could have been a Judgement Day.

12yrs ago could have been BATHROOM DAY for the op.

Harry has fete on his side

nealglover
    Free Member

…increased the number of their customers by the power of 10 over 2 years

I would have sacked you too.

Either for being bad at maths, or exaggerating 🙂

terrahawk
    Free Member

“Village fete” is a bit misleading – the village in question is a Manchester suburb, thus the ‘fete’ is crawling with police on the lookout for drug dealers, ‘nearly new’ power tool stalls and cheeky chappies who might have absconded from the prison 1.5 miles down the road.

Any angry Hong Kong Phooey impersonators would be cuffed and thrown in the back of the van quicker than you can say shonky grouting.

Viewing 39 posts - 41 through 79 (of 79 total)

The topic ‘So today I bumped into the guy who ripped me off for £1k…’ is closed to new replies.