Viewing 9 posts - 121 through 129 (of 129 total)
  • So those on-one Titus frames…
  • maccruiskeen

right so… maybe should lacquer it? some turtle wax?

leave it be – the point of leaving it raw if it is raw is to let it do its own thing – I suspect its treated in some way or other though

smiff
    Free Member

well if it was copper it’d take on a lovely verdigris.. but this might not be so pretty haha.

sorry no can build for a bit, just got while it was cheap. you’ll have to use your
    imagination. speaking of which. the small white is a seriously feminine looking bike imho. even brant called it the lesbian special? i think the bare metal is suitably masculine/metrosexual. orange for posers. black for people who like scratches. all bases covered? 🙂

chillidave
    Free Member

Mine arrived yesterday, changed the shock to the CCDB after reading another comment on the monarch’s reliability. Sadly won’t be able to get it built befor mid August but I’ll put up pics when it’s done.

smiff
    Free Member

sorry might be a coating, Jamie at on-one “I believe there is a clear coat on [super raw] that should help stop corrosion.”
    hmm.

AlexSimon

From Brant on the MTBR forums

Originally Posted by terrible:
    From what I understand the super raw is actually anodizing over the aluminum.

Originally Posted by Brant:
    Correct

smiff
    Free Member

ah, Jamie and i both wrong! so it will scratch, but shouldn’t show much as so close to metal colour. btw rocker doesn’t match rest of bike. and shock could be white imho. but these are niggles, it’s bloody nice.

why isn’t ano more popular for frames? it’s light, good looking, can be quite tough (thomson black) but usually isn’t.

robgclarkson
    Free Member

Ready for its maiden voyage tomorrow…. Can’t wait!

brant
    Free Member

“bike for lesbians” was reference to it going with me to Digne les Bains in France on Trans Provence trip.
    I’ll have a word with Jamie.

komondor
    Free Member

is it worth to pay on one to install the slackset headset or It is a shop that I can easily do at my house?

Viewing 9 posts - 121 through 129 (of 129 total)

The topic ‘So those on-one Titus frames…’ is closed to new replies.