Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • So the UCI have made the decision to….
  • flow
    Free Member

Scrap 4X, what do you think?

CaptJon
    Free Member

Riding intoxicated is dangerous.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Is dual coing back? 4x never took off in the USA where dual is stil quite big IIRC?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    uplink
    Free Member

never did like Aussie lager

jockhaggis
    Free Member

What are we all going to do at Fort William on the Saturday night? Usually enjoy watching 4X then head to pub after.

thomthumb
    Free Member

don’t know much about it tbh. but went to fort william 2 years ago and itr was much better to watch than downhill (and much more general public accessible)

reason seems odd – cost of courses – surly there are enough courses (ones from last few years etc??)

Klunk
    Free Member

funny, and I know they are different sports, that the skiing 4x was a massive sucess at the Winter Olympics. 😕

flow
    Free Member

They are introducing eliminator though, which is this I think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHsSnriSXio

julianwilson
    Free Member

Apart from that course that was all muddy, I really really enjoyed watching the 4x in the internet this season just gone. Shame.

MrSmith
    Free Member

that eliminator is crap! 4x is much better

RealMan
    Free Member

Big shame, 4x is a great spectator sport.

Stuey01
    Free Member

Of all the MTB disciplines I think 4X is the best spectator sport.
    Dual slalom would be second for me.

BoarderX and SkierX are sweet, best thing at the winter olympics.

Lifer
    Free Member

Agree with most so far, 4X is great to watch

fbk
    Free Member

I think World Cup 4x lost its way a bit trying to be something it’s not. It ended up more as a giant BMX track rather than anything MTB orientated (and BMXs are better at that). Rider numbers and interest has dropped as a result.

It’s a real shame that course designers seemed to be getting it right again this year, especially at the Worlds, with line choices, technical sections etc. The fact the some rode the qualifiers at the worlds on FS bikes said an awful lot.

As others have said, 4X is a great spectator sport if done properly.

Rickos
    Free Member

BoarderX and SkierX are indeed great to watch. Maybe they should make 4X chainless so you have to rely on skill and pump and line choice and stuff instead of just snap out of the gate.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Good, waste of money side show to the DH.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

What a load of cods wallop.

t-p26
    Free Member

Typical, this was the first year I paid any attention to 4X @ Fort Bill, loved it too!
    😐

mybike
    Free Member

It was great watching at Fort Bill (Beer in hand),
    Sad if its gone for good.

The UCI don’t inspire so would be great if somebody else could manage a ‘World Cup’ future for 4X

plodtv
    Free Member

What is eliminator a roa crit on an xc bike with a stairs jump?

Northwind

Remember it doesn’t mean race organisers can’t run it as a side event- it just wont be UCI’d. So if there’s the demand for it at the Fort, they can do it.

I always loved the idea so the reality was so disappointing. Needed a big shakeup at least, can’t say as I’ll regret it going.

Marge
    Free Member

I have watched the 4X races over the last couple of years on Eurosport & enjoyed them enough to tune in for the next round each time.

Some courses are certainly better than others though. Some of the tracks really were just downhill BMX and no-one was getting really close to Jared Graves with his lightning starts.

With a bit more challenging courses it could have been good I think. I think there needed to be more hazard on the fastest potential route…

Sad to see it go though.

I have never thought DH was worth watching on TV…

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘So the UCI have made the decision to….’ is closed to new replies.