Viewing 29 posts - 121 through 149 (of 149 total)
  • So, the Kona Process looks like it's going… WTF comes in next though.
  • v666ern
    Free Member

I don’t understand the confusion or the idea that i would keep a bike i clearly didn’t get on with.

Damn it and id read that too 😳

<shamefully leaves the room>

weeksy

Sometimes i think people get too hung up on trying to make something into something it’s not, longer stems, different forks, wheels, shocks, etc.

Sometimes we just buy the wrong bike, wrong for us, wrong for what we ride and wrong just because we’re not good enough.

The 160mm low slack was daft… i should have known it was daft… should have never bought it… But, i got out of it with a £25 loss for the lesson… that’s not bad IMO.

mrhoppy

10 days!!! Could have mine in the box tonight and posted tomorrow. 😈

barrykellett
    Free Member

WEll… after a load of blah blah i sat thought, debated and decided, changed my mind 300 times…

I spent hours and hours checking various geometries on this, specs on that, this, that, this that… again again… then do i want this, do i want that..

I then clicked the button and went for it.

Very interested to hear how you rate it when it arrives.
    I’m in a similar quandary, wanting something new, round that price, but not totally sure what I want/need. I had decided, more or less on the 2016 Anthem SX at £1599 until you posted that link to winstanleys…

Also can’t decide if i want a 29er or not. I’ve been restricted soley to an XC race 29er for the past 3 1/2 years and can’t remember what other bikes were/are like ❓

The Whyte looks a more capable machine but the Anthem (Based on my experience with my old 26″ one years ago) tells me it would be a more suitable machine for covering more ground quicker and still being perfectly good downhill.

Kryton57

tells me it would be a more suitable machine for covering more ground quicker and still being perfectly good downhill.

You just described my Anthem 29er 🙂

weeksy

Very interested to hear how you rate it when it arrives.
    I’m in a similar quandary, wanting something new, round that price, but not totally sure what I want/need. I had decided, more or less on the 2016 Anthem SX at £1599 until you posted that link to winstanleys…

Also can’t decide if i want a 29er or not. I’ve been restricted soley to an XC race 29er for the past 3 1/2 years and can’t remember what other bikes were/are like

The Whyte looks a more capable machine but the Anthem (Based on my experience with my old 26″ one years ago) tells me it would be a more suitable machine for covering more ground quicker and still being perfectly good downhill.

Sums it up well, I was putting the Giants right up the list today along with the FSRs, I think all 3 are the same ball park and hopefully that’s a good thing for me.

I chose 650b out of curiosity to an extent, mostly I’ve ridden 29 for the last 4-5 years, so wanted to experience a bit of difference. I’ve still got the Parkwood 29 though.

cokie

Weeksy- Great purchase! I love mine. Will need to keep an eye out for you. I take mine up to the Rigdeway now and again. The T130 was my first 650b FS bike, having ridden 29ers for years. Really happy with how playful it is, and I can’t say I’ve lost much, if any, time on my usual loops.

weeksy

Thanks Cokie. I’ll mostly be out over winter on the Parkwood, so if you see that, give me a holler 🙂 Although one of my routes over to your way is recently closed.

If you fancy a ride though, feel free to mail anytime, i’ll often be out and about for a ride and a chat.

weeksy

I really really don’t do patience….

WHERE’S MY BIKE !

🙁

maxtorque

😆

Immagines Weeksy standing by front window at home waiting for postman, tapping his fingers and tuting………

weeksy

I don’t believe it’s even been built yet, let along shipped… 🙁

boobs

Lets hope its not being sent via yodel…

weeksy

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It’s coming via Yodel hahhahahaha.

It’s apparently on a next day delivery… but with Yodel !

I don’t know whether to be excited or afraid.

weeksy

Well..

“Status: Good. On Track

Your parcel is with one of our drivers for delivery

So it’s out for delivery… i’m sitting on the chair and have full view of the window where he has to park up in front of…

mark90
    Free Member

They will park round the corner and use their ninja skills to stealthily sneak up and drop a card through your door 🙂

cokie

Must intercept any Yodel vans at all cost I see headings your way.

ahwiles
    Free Member

Yodel? oh christ, your best bet is to start looking in dead-end piles of fly-tipped building waste.

good luck.

weeksy

LOL thanks for the confidence…. still waiting.. 🙂 it’s only early though… but my patience is not high at the best of times.

faustus

Make a soft landing for it on the other side of your side gate (if you have one)…it’s Yodel’s version of basketball 🙂

weeksy

Make a soft landing for it on the other side of your side gate (if you have one)…it’s Yodel’s version of basketball

LOL it’s not a packet of peanuts Tyson.

weeksy

mark90
    Free Member

😀

Interested to hear how you find it rides, particularly the fork.

cokie

Interesting packaging.. is it that shape because of the stealth dropper?
    Pics when you’re drone 🙂 !

weeksy

Yeah the way they have it packed the seat is a bit too big for the box LOL.

It’s all built, tested and happy…. However… we do have an issue… Or do we…. It’s a Medium… I ordered a large. But, if you ask me, it feels perfect and doesn’t look out of place i think.

What to do now.. i don’t really know… My thoughts are, if it feels right, then that’s all good.

cokie

Looks good, although- odd wheels?

How tall are you? I’m 173cm. If you want to ride the medium properly, let me know and you can give mine a go.

weeksy

pic link may fail, so just re-linking.

I’m just on 6’0

Odd wheels are my spares as i didn’t want to use their tyres just in case there’s an issue etc, so fitted my spare AM wheels that will run the burly rubber for bike parks and trailcenters etc.

flange
    Free Member

Isn’t the whole idea of these to have plenty of reach to take advantage of the ‘new’ geometry? Therefore are you not doing yourself a disservice by having one that doesn’t fit as intended? I’d send it back and get the one you wanted. Otherwise it’ll always be a ‘wish I’d got the one I wanted’ type scenario.

superstu
    Free Member

Seat is very far forwards, is that just as it came or as it fits?

lawman91

The 2015 T-130’s are much shorter than the newer ones, send it back and get the large! I’m 6ft 1 and a 2017 large fits me like a glove with a 50mm stem, if they’ve sent a medium you need to send it back or you’ll regret it believe me. There is no way anyone of 6ft should be on a medium.

Viewing 29 posts - 121 through 149 (of 149 total)

The topic ‘So, the Kona Process looks like it's going… WTF comes in next though.’ is closed to new replies.