Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 149 total)
  • So, the Kona Process looks like it's going… WTF comes in next though.
  • renton
    Free Member

How about a large 2014 stumpy evo comp.

With a few mods…….

weeksy

Found your link matey… If interested i’ll be in touch.

weeksy

Well that went well…

Rang up Leisure Wheels..

“i’m interested in the Stumpjumper FSR Comp 29”

“Oh, we don’t have any left”

“how about the 650B?”

“Nope….”

“oh”

Now admittedly they said they can do me a good deal on a 2017 model.. but you know what, that REALLY irritates me that does… if you don’t have something then have it taken off the sodding website !

Minor rant over.

renton
    Free Member

Found your link matey… If interested i’ll be in touch

Was this at me mate ?

weeksy

Yup at you….i found the link to your advert in profile.

renton
    Free Member

Uh ? I haven’t had it up for sale for ages and it’s changed a bit since then anyway ?

It has a new kashima rear shock
    As new Xt double chainset
    New mfg bottom bracket ( I haven’t fitted this yet)
    New SRAM x9 clutch rear mech.

cooie

Nukeproof Mega 290?

weeksy

66deg worries me again on the Mega290… I’m not saying i CAN’T get on with a 66 angle… But the bike i’ve known and liked have been closer or dead on 68deg. The Meta AM 29 was a trail demolisher and just awsome at ploughing through things better than me… That’s 68 deg

I just worry that going to a 66ish head angle i’m going to be where i was/am with the Kona.

weeksy

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=282201902536

Maybe this Meta would make sense… it’s looking good to me at the moment. OK, so it’s not new.. possibly a touch pricy considering it’s used… But.. it’s filling a lot of the criteria for sure.

maxtorque

i don’t like to sound rude, but i’m surprise a few degrees head angle here or there makes a bike un-usable? Different, yes, but unusable?

Tbh, i don’t think people give themselves long enough to get used to a new bike before they write it off these days.

My MTB collection ranges between 74deg on my XC race HT, and 65deg on my Dune, and yes, they are different, but not so i can’t ride one or the other. Having said that, for riding in Oxon/Berks around Compton and on the Ridgeway/twistygnarly etc, i ride the HT not the Dune…… 😉

weeksy

Totally get it and agree, it’s not unusable, but if I keep it for what it’s designed for, I’ll only ride it 4 times a year.

In simple terms, a meta, stumpy will be better for 100 days, the kona for 4.

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

what about this?
    Devinci Troy

Reading your post, I was in a similiar position. Long and slack is great for big downhills- but other times it was kinda boring. The troy better suits the type of riding I do the majority of the time.

weeksy

Lots of pennies that mate by the time I add wheels and stuff. No matter what I buy it’s going to be sub £2k.

http://www.tritoncycles.co.uk/mountain-bikes-c1/full-suspension-c16/gt-sensor-expert-trail-mountain-bike-2016-p14001/s40514?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=gt-sensor-expert-trail-mountain-bike-2016-size-small-size-small-g24326m6002&utm_campaign=product%2Blisting%2Bads&gclid=Cj0KEQjw7Ne_BRDRmP2ojKfzv98BEiQAPuqPyTgpUZb0UgPZA8KPsRP4x6ko94FWG-nnze5ec-QNy5AaAnOP8P8HAQ

I like the GT here.

But I’m still leaning towards the Yeti as they’re a bit special IMO, they’re not just your average Giant/Trek etc.

weeksy

Oh poop, the Yeti sold

nicnag
    Free Member

Well that went well…

Rang up Leisure Wheels..

“i’m interested in the Stumpjumper FSR Comp 29”

“Oh, we don’t have any left”

“how about the 650B?”

“Nope….”

“oh”

Now admittedly they said they can do me a good deal on a 2017 model.. but you know what, that REALLY irritates me that does… if you don’t have something then have it taken off the sodding website !

Minor rant over.

Can’t add much to the bike debate I’m afraid, but I do agree on this point. Freeborn also have the stumpys on their site as fully available….am sure they will have them in stock, as why would a site allow you to order one online if not.
    As an aside there is a nicely upgraded one on pink bike, but sadly way out of my budget.

superstu
    Free Member

Cannondale Habit? Not tried one but they review quite well and may be a good option?

Cheap here: https://www.triuk.com/products/cannondale/cannondale-habit-carbon-3-2016?gclid=CPWb8Irqxs8CFdUaGwodp2cIbA

Kryton57

I’ll just leave this clearance Niner here https://www.stif.co.uk/mtb/list-all/bikes-and-frames/0/0/477/1/0/6/ top row third from the left.

Or the ‘cruz below…

weeksy

Habit, looked at them yes, not feeling the lefty, nor really the canondales overall for some reason.

The Niner is awesome but expensive. Out of budget anyway. The SC, well part of me wants it, but part of me sees an older 26″ bike and can’t work out why it’s £4k+ new.

This new Meta is in the running now
    http://www.fishfacecycles.com/ourshop/prod_4222701-Commencal-Meta-AM-V3-Origin-650b-2016-Mountain-Bike.html

Leaving in an hour to sell Kona, decisions may be easier with a pocket full of cash.

Keep any ideas coming guys, I am reading all of them.

Kryton57
    Kryton57

Some here that meet your brief too:

http://www.silverfish-uk.com/Category/14029/Clearance

weeksy

Mmmmm I did now. Thanks.

It may be a bit small though that, hmmm. Staring longingly between link and geometry / specs

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I think you need to take stock.

Where abouts do you ride? What’s the terrain typically like? Do you enjoy climbing/descending/messing about in the woods/jumping/long xc rides etc. etc.

You need to zone in on what you want.

A Process style bike is obviously pointless if you typically ride somewhere like Swinley Forest and prefer long xc rides.

Likewise, a short travel XC hardtail is probably not the best choice if every ride is a hike-a-bike up Scafell etc.

weeksy

Which is exactly what I’ve done and why we’ve reached this point in the thread?

Kryton57

And why you should choose that Niner. 😉

weeksy

I still have the window open. Just worried about sizing on it

I like this now after your silverfish link

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mondraker-Foxy-2016-/201674834300?hash=item2ef4c1c17c:g:5tIAAOSwmfhX5Qoe

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Which is exactly what I’ve done and why we’ve reached this point in the thread?

Oh. I clicked one of your links and it brought up a 155mm travel 29er; I’d have thought this’d be a similar sort of thing to that Kona

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I still have the window open. Just worried about sizing on it

That looks awful

weeksy

Sorry, we moved on from the enduro 29, we’re into 120-140mm 29er/650b territory now.

It gets hard with budget as I started the day not wanting to spend more than £1500 and was happy with used, we’re now pushing £2000

weeksy

I know the Giant is great, but it’s so so Mondeo isn’t it. Just meh and blah. I can’t get excited by it, despite knowing it’s a great bike, plus ideal for my riding lol

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I know the Giant is great, but it’s so so Mondeo isn’t it. Just meh and blah. I can’t get excited by it, despite knowing it’s a great bike, plus ideal for my riding lol

Yes, although if it’s the perfect tool for the job then I don’t think that should matter. It’s hard to get excited about a bike that rides poorly, even if it initially got you excited IYSWIM

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/vitus-bikes-escarpe-29-vr-suspension-bike-2016/rp-prod135370

Kryton57

I couldnt get excited about my Anthem 29er, but even before I put a 120mm fork on it its very very hard to fault, hence why I couldnt get rid.

There’s a more modern anthem SX 1 &2 on Pedalon for Sale btw

weeksy

Offered £1700

He countered with £2000

Anyway, off to sell Kona.

Thanks all.

maxtorque

i’d say 29inch wheels are worth 10 to 15mm of travel (maybe…) so you looking at a 140mm 650b or a 120/130mm 29er yeah? These days it shouldn’t be THAT hard to find a decent, long slack, but pedalable 130mm 29er no? Of course the pic two factor from COST,WEIGHT,SPEC always plays a part!

If you didn’t like the long top tube on the Kona, then a Mondraker is probably not for you tbh 😆

weeksy

I’m not sure that intense is either, despite being a bloody lovely thing!

I’m waiting for buyer to arrive and waiting for a mate to give me a price on my old Meta am29.

weeksy

Kona gone!

weeksy

Well i can tell you’re all desperate to know what happend.

Met the guy and he bought the Kona, it’s amazing how much easier things are to sell when you’ve cleaned, touched up and sorted them. No quibbling, full asking price, job done.

On the way home i got a call from a mate and we struck a deal on my old Commencal Meta AM29. I guess they sometimes say “you should never go back”, but i’m VERY happy to do so, especially at the price i paid. Me and the Meta had some epic adventures, trips to BPW, my first day with Jedi training, Swinley jump gulley and a few epic 60miles days out. I still can’t fully recall how or why i actually sold it… but i’m happy to be getting it back.
    In the year and a half it’s been away it’s had a slightly tough life, so will also be a couple of weeks project for me while i swap out wheel bearings, frame/linkage bearings and generally make sure it’s 100%.

I’m really excited.

treklee
    Free Member

Glad to see you’ve finally decided on a bike. Slack set next on the upgrades list? 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 149 total)

The topic ‘So, the Kona Process looks like it's going… WTF comes in next though.’ is closed to new replies.