• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by AD.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • So the kids football is back on this morning, the joy….
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

…of inept/clueless mums and dads shouting nigh on abuse at little johnny starts all over again.
    Bad parent and part time coach missed last week’s first game of the season due to a camping trip.
    Son and heir looks highly enthused to be getting up and playing this morning.
    Roll on the goals….

spacemonkey

Excellent coach and assistants at my lads’s U7 Saturday morning footy. Parents are excellent too. Even the U9 matches (adjacent pitch) are well run and supported – don’t recall any grief from last season.

I appreciate others experience entirely different.

It’s also a good laugh at times. I only mingle with a handful of the parents and that’s cool with me. Bacon rolls from the club house too. And the N Downs to look at. Winner.

badnewz
    Free Member

There is a cultural acceptance of foul language at any level of football.
    I watched my local non-league side the other day, sitting nearby were a group of fat middle aged geezers, f-ing and blindin like a bunch of sailors, whilst nearby a mother and her young son looked increasingly uncomfortable.
    For young kids, rugby is superior in every way – classier people, the RFC actually invests money at the youth level, and as a parent you get to meet people you can have a proper conversation with.

wrightyson
    Free Member

The best we’ve ever played! Lost 2-1 to the team top of div 1 in a cup game, we’re in div 4. The spirit of the cup is still alive!

AD

U12’s playing at Cockermouth – no swearing, no parents yelling at the kids. Good craic with some fellow mountain biking parents. Not a bad way to spend the morning to be honest…

I’m not saying rugby isn’t good by the way (truth be told I prefer rugby but my son doesn’t!) but it a lazy generalisation to say rugby is superior in every way with ‘classier people’.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘So the kids football is back on this morning, the joy….’ is closed to new replies.