Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • so the inevitable has happened (marz 55 content)
  • xherbivorex
    Free Member

righto, went for a bit of a play about round salford quays this evening with a couple of mates and after doing a few 4 stair drops i noticed that the usual travel down to 80mm or so has happened to my fork.
    they're well inside the 3 year warranty; so do i just email windwave and ask them about sending them off or what? i got them on a full bike which was brand new from a bike shop but via ebay so difficult to take back to them. did any of you fellow 55 owners return yours direct to windwave for warranty repair?

dave360

I've returned mine once via Merlin. And now they've done it again. They're only 18 months old… I just don't trust 'em now, so they're off the bike and sitting on the naughty step. Available cheap for spares if anyone wants them.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

they have a 3 year warranty and supposedly now marz replace the offending cartridge with the properly sorted 2010 version so it's probably worth sending them back again dave…

dave360

hmm maybe then

dave360

OK, so I has spoken to Merlin who have got the latest from Windwave. They say that upgrades / warranties are using the 2009 cartridge which apparently is "an improvement" There are no 2010 cartridges in the country.

bungalistic
    Free Member

Send them directly back to windwave with your receipt, if it was a legit ebay shop they will be able to give you that. Internals will be 09 internals, 2010 don't use the same internals but you could try blag a full inside reworking.

Say you want them back super quick for a special mtb trip and they may fix them and send them back with a week too.

hora
    Free Member

xherbivorex who was the Ebay seller? Worse case you would be looking at c£75 if out of your own pocket but the new cartridge comes with a 3month warranty (only 3months- dont know why)

xherbivorex
    Free Member

righto, i spoke to windwave and it's all good, warranty repair is fine. they said the paypal receipt is acceptable proof of purchase.
    i bought the bike from an LBS that was selling off '08 stock via his ebay store so it's all good. it's irrelevant who it was hora!

hora
    Free Member

Saaaweet 8)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘so the inevitable has happened (marz 55 content)’ is closed to new replies.