Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • So the flooding ,possible work
  • project
    Free Member

How does one go about quoting for the repair work, and how does one get paid for materials or labour, on completion or on installments, and then there are the people who are un insured how will they pay for repairs.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Mostly it will be sewn up by insurance companies & loss adjusters. The leg work is done doing the value/cost stuff with the owner. The adjuster takes 10% of the claim to sort it all (generally by bumping up the claim a bit) and then passes it on. The insurance company will ship in loads of tradesmen to do the work from people they have on their books.

The uninsured will probably sit and fester until they can afford to do something and struggle to get anyone as most tradies will be on the payroll of the insurance company.

You may be able to get work from the uninsured but it may be very soul destroying and hard to actually charge people who have lost a lot a sensible price. If your not careful you will end up loosing money or becoming fairly cold and heartless.

What do you actually do?

TheBrick
    Free Member

people who are un insured how will they pay for repairs.

With there own money?

davidjones15
    Free Member

Supply and demand, embrace it. Keep increasing the price to find out exactly how urgent the work is. 😉

project
    Free Member

You may be able to get work from the uninsured but it may be very soul destroying and hard to actually charge people who have lost a lot a sensible price. If your not careful you will end up loosing money or becoming fairly cold and heartless.

Thats what i was affraid of, i could never lower myself to cold and heartless, although some people have a degree in it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘So the flooding ,possible work’ is closed to new replies.