Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • So the FIL is dead…..
  • Xylene
    Free Member

To finish.

This morning I dropped decent SIL at the temple to meet wife and useless sisters to pick up ashes. He was to be dumped in the river following some chanting.

When we got there, we were taken up to the incinerator to collect them.

There on a large baking tray was FIL or at least what was left of him.

Bits of skull were at the top, a rib across the middle, a femur near the bottom of wait for it……

A stickman made out of his bones. beside it was a carrier bag of ashes.

Some magic was done, coins placed on this figure of a man made from burnt bones, and put some flowers on it.

mini Q said loudly ” what sort of magic is this then?” I left to go to the office.

Took them up country to a river in the afternoon and it is now all done, bar the woman with a child down stairs, not sure where she is from,

Edit

Premature posting:

I’ve never seen the final stage of the funeral process, I didn’t feel it was appropriate to snap a photo or I would have, I do have many questions, such as do they make a stick woman for a female.

DezB
    Free Member

Wow. Shame no photo though!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Terrible. Bizarre. Ultimately, in time, as funny as sh1t, I would guess. You couldn’t make this up. Good luck with the road back to normality OP

Have a good friend, been mtb-ing in Morzine together a few times, his brother died in a diving accident and his Thai girlfriend emptied his bank account of £20k as she was “grief sticken and needed consoling”. She’d told the family she’d registered the death with the bank but had done no such thing. Some very bizarre behaviour in Thailand.

Gary_M
    Free Member

This is all a bit sad, what’s most funny about it all is ernie_lynch popping up every now and again with his ‘condolences’ posts.

Quirrel do you need to call people scum, its really not very nice.

Xylene
    Free Member

Quirrel do you need to call people scum, its really not very nice.

they are, no other adjective really describes them,

Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘So the FIL is dead…..’ is closed to new replies.