Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • So the election fiasco yesterday.
  • project
    Free Member

Seems as if AV is no more, and the scots are now pushing for self reliance, Nick Clegg is being told he is a failure and has cost the lib dems votes, and most importantly it has absolutely no relevance to the 50%of plebs who didnt vote.

allthepies
    Free Member

Fiasco ? Democracy innit.

mrmo
    Free Member

so 35% of the population want to keep FPTP democracy in action i guess that means the voting system shouldchange.

kimbers

the basic problem is that its mostly old people that bother to vote and they dont like it when babies might die!

allthepies
    Free Member

Well it’s good enough for Bob Crow…

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/may/06/rmt-tube-strike-talks-driver

“…only 29% of the 1,300 drivers balloted had voted in favour of strike action.”

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

most importantly it has absolutely no relevance to the 50%of plebs who didnt vote.

It’s just as relevant to those who didn’t vote. Why do you think it isn’t……won’t they be using schools and hospitals, be affected by crime, paying taxes, driving on the roads, using public transport, etc, etc ?

jonb
    Free Member

so 35% of the population want to keep FPTP democracy in action i guess that means the voting system should change.

The question wasn’t do you want to keep FPTP, the question was do you want AV. I voted no to AV, not Yes to keeping FPTP…

What you are actually looking at is the smallest percentage wanting AV, some people actively not wanting it and others not caring. So in the spirit of AV we actually have what the majority want.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘So the election fiasco yesterday.’ is closed to new replies.