Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • So the bank posts all my details to someone else
  • phiiiiil

After a protracted period of feeling like I was in some kind of crazy “worst case training scenario” my bank manage to post all of someone else’s bank details to me, and mine to goodness knows where else.

The last phone call:

– I’ll get the team manager to phone you tomorrow if that’s okay
    – You can have the number of my solicitor so you can talk to them instead
    – I’m sorry, we can’t do that due to Data Protection…

I had to laugh at the irony, if only to stop myself going mad.

“Smile – the incompetent bank”

cupra
    Free Member

Woolwich and RBS have done this to me, as well as Motorcycle Direct. I phoned the organisations but also phoned the individuals details that I had received. Motorcycle Direct was very apologetic, Woolich less so and RBS didn’t seem to give a sh*t.

scottyjohn
    Free Member

Banks in not giving a sh*t shocker! 😀

I hate banks with an absolute vengeance, not just since the crash, but more a deep long term hatred. They have never been of any help to me whatsoever, and have actively hindered my life on numerous occasions. If I had a wish, it would be for them all to be burnt to the ground.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I love the “data protection act” nonsense. If you tell them to contact your solictor date protection act does not apply. Your data to dowith as you want.

Numpties

northshoreniall

Look up data protection commissioner, and tell the bank you’ve been in touch with them- it will put wind up them. They have a section in contact us for complaints about breach of DPA.
    PCWorld sold an old laptop of mine without remastering it so I got phone call from new owner using my details from the computer asking if I had the charger. They weren’t interested until I told them the commissioners office was involved and ended up with £500 compo and letter from their legal department guaranteeing the would rectify any harms/ damage to credit limits etc from their incompetence.

phiiiiil

TJ; I’m an avid fan of “we-don’t-actually-know-what-the-DPA-means-and-we-hope-you-don’t-either” instances, and the fact that the subject in question is a blatant breach of said act in the first place just makes it even peachier!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘So the bank posts all my details to someone else’ is closed to new replies.