Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • So that's why the car park at Cannock was so quiet.
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Loads of trail closures. Annoyingly some of the best bits. I appreciate there’s a fair amount of “other” stuff to ride but don’t really know any of it.
    Hey ho will be checking the website next time before venturing over..

matther01
    Free Member

You don’t need to know the ‘other stuff’…go exploring to find it! 😉

bigyim
    Free Member

Thanks for this. Was thinking of going tomorrow but might give it a miss now

funkynick

A definite thumbs up for just getting out and exploring the place, I think I know the area reasonably well but still find new bits of trail when I go out… there is loads…

One thing though, if you are going off to explore, try and use a gps or smart phone to log where you left the car, I’ve had to try and guess a number of times when out and about and someone is in the middle of nowhere and have no idea where they left the car!!

Suggsey
    Free Member

If you cross over the road from Birches Valley and look you will find other great trails with ease…….just look for a thin set of tyre marks branching off any of the fire roads as the majority of stuff is readable in either direction and the local trail pixies are very very good at what they do……found some stuff last week in the most recently clear felled areas that was a great techy descent and nice challenge.

Suggsey
    Free Member

And as for it being quiet, the rugbys on!

jekkyl

Rumours are the lower cliffe will be closed until the summer, ffs

st

Yes, unfortunately with the combination of planned trail maintenance and Forrest operations finally kicking off there are a few closed sections.

The good news is that the Bombhole section will be finished soon and after time to bed in will be open again.

Lower Cliff is being completely clear felled and is likely to need some serious work to get it back into shape, we will use this as an opportunity to overhaul the section if at all possible.

The best way to keep tabs on the situation is to like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/chasetrails and check our website at http://www.chasetrails.co.uk

Stu.

burton
    Free Member

A lot of off pista is a mud bath at mow try not to ride it .. Till it drys out 😉

wrightyson
    Free Member

We may have had a cheeky look at lower cliff and at the moment I’m parts it’s totally wrecked. It’s the first time I’ve been in 18 months and I was properly disappointed as it’s usually a great day out.

matt007
    Free Member

Was planning a very early lap of the monkey tomorrow. Is it just lower cliff that’s closed or other sections of the monkey too? Cheers

wrightyson
    Free Member

Two or three sections of the monkey closed if I remember rightly.

mulv1976
    Free Member

Actually the ‘off piste’ stuff is riding brilliantly at the moment. Still a tad muddy but it’s dried out a lot. Round by the German cemetry, quarry and cafe and there’s loads of awesome stuff up on brocton. It’s a bit of a trek from birches valley but if you go up with someone who knows the area you’ll love it (we rarely go on the main trails nowadays)

takisawa2

Lots of off piste over Sherbrook side. Rides well year round.

Scamper
    Free Member

Alot of trail pixies have been out today polishing the pebbles for the arrival of Hora tomorrow!

jaymoid

Aww this has reminded me of something. In the eighties, before we had mountain bikes, and before paedos and doggers were invented… My Dad would fill his trailer with me and my mate’s bmxs, and drop us at the chase, and then meet us hours later. We’d spend hours getting lost and finding fun bits.

Wimpy for tea.

Brilliant.

burton
    Free Member

Tend to ride off pista stuff there now days find most of the donkey boring rode it to many times .

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘So that's why the car park at Cannock was so quiet.’ is closed to new replies.