Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • So that's where all the lady cyclists go…
  • MoreCashThanDash

They were all in Oakham on road bikes for the Discover Rutland Cicle [sic] Tour! Only in my wildest dreams have I been so soundly thrashed (metaphorically speaking) by so many ladies in lycra.

And it was a glorious day for it – warm hazy sunshine, cooling breeze, pretty little villages and lots of short, sharp hills. Met lots of nice chatty people along the way.

And well done to the guy riding the 50 mile road route on a very bling looking Yeti 575, because the road bike he'd ordered through C2W hadn't been delivered yet!

JAG

This thread is useless without pictures 😆

MoreCashThanDash

I think that may have been a little forward of me!

I wasn't meaning to imply that they were all "lookers", just that there was a lot of female cyclists doing the rides – all ages and sizes. It made the event seem more relaxed, somehow.

Also quite a few mean – and women – from ethnic minorities – we might start to shake off the "white, middle class male" angst we get on the forum sometimes!

oliverd1981
    Free Member

There is a womens-only trail centre somewher in Wales. Think it's called Caed-y-llangfan forest.

donald
    Free Member

What a tongue-twister.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

There is a womens-only trail centre somewher in Wales

is that like when Dilbert and Dogbert fly to the Moon to find it populated by the women who love engineers ??

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘So that's where all the lady cyclists go…’ is closed to new replies.