Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)
  • So, that new Vauxhall advert……
  • RustySpanner

A pointless urban toss-waggon, think Nissan Juke but even uglier, driven by the kind of smug, piss-boiling scenester who wears brown leather trousers and gels his beard.

And it’s called a ‘Mokka’.
    No, really!

I’ll say that again:
    MOKKA.

Is this some sort of government initiative to help identify the worst elements of modern society?
    Your own personal ‘B’ ark?

Please tell me this is some sort of sick joke – if it’s genuine, I don’t think I can cope.

nealglover
    Free Member

….I don’t think I can cope.

I don’t think you can either.

It’s a car, that you don’t like, and that you are not going to buy, no big deal.

(5/10 for the Charlie Brooker impression though)

piemonster

It does look bloody awful, and the marketing does seem to be aimed at people that would annoy.

Not quite enough for me to have a freak out tho

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    MrSalmon
    Free Member

I don’t like those ads- especially the Juke/Qashqai(?) ones because they imply that the urban environment is some sort of battleground you need a big car for, when the reality would be closer to a Smart car.

RustySpanner

MOKKA!?!

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Don’t blend in. By blending in.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Vauxhall is the b ark……

binners

I take it from the fact that you’re referring to adverts, that you’re watching commercial television channels?

How frightful!

joao3v16
    Free Member

The Mokka and Juke are the sort of car that beige people buy to make them appear slightly more quirky and interesting.

They’re probably massively stupid and impractical cars, but they say “look, I really have got a sense of humour and everything”. Or some such.

RustySpanner

I know binners, but I’ve moved to Burnley now.

It’s part of the citizenship and naturalisation process.

andytherocketeer

The Joke is.
    The Qashcow is surely the car where the advert demographic and the driver demographic differ the most. Advert seems to make it hip and trendy, but every driver of one that I’ve seen here must be well in to Saga insurance and free bus pass territory. Guess the higher seats make it easier getting in/out?

binners

Curse you!!!!! You’ve made me go and google it now.

That’s possibly the blandest thing I’ve ever seen. There are more interestingly designed tennis balls out there. One of those could crash through your front window and the only reaction it would provoke would be a laboured yawn.

Mind you… that could be said about 98% of cars. And 100% of this type of thing

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I have two very good friends that bought a Cashcow recently. I was slightly disappointed with their choice. But they remain very cool, kind and amongst my closest friends. They just choose to drive a different car. Hard as it might be for me, I manage to deal with this. It appears some struggle with the concept of other people choosing to drive cars not to their taste. How do they get through the day at all?

RustySpanner

With difficulty DD, with difficulty.

It’s enough to send you grey, it really is 😉

Don’t get me wrong, I genuinely love ugly, practical cars – function over form, every time.
    But like a concrete carpark, this is offensive on so many levels.

ThePinkster

Is it wrong of me to admit I quite like the Juke? Definitely better looking than that Mokka.

Apart from anything else I couldn’t face driving a car named after a dyslexic coffee. A bit like driving a car called Sharron

simmy
    Free Member

I got told about these a few weeks ago when a student of mine told me her mates mum was getting one and I honestly thought she had got the name wrong.

Mokka……Mokka…….Mokka, no still doesn’t make sense.

But Vauxhall do make a car now called Adam…….

BobaFatt
    Free Member

I’ve seen worse, shit name but not the worst looking car on the road

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Is that what it looks like? Jeez, what’s so spleen venting about that?!?

br
    Free Member

The Qashcow is surely the car where the advert demographic and the driver demographic differ the most. Advert seems to make it hip and trendy, but every driver of one that I’ve seen here must be well in to Saga insurance and free bus pass territory. Guess the higher seats make it easier getting in/out?

Its on the NHS essential car scheme, so probably all those District Nurses. Although they’ll be the 2-wheel drive ones, as you can’t now have the 4-wheel drive ones now – a bit daft for where we live…

richmtb

So its a jacked up Astra

I think we are seeing the beginnings of a height arms race

Range Rover and Audi will need to bring out taller SUV’s as they can’t look down on the spivs anymore as they are all driving Cashcows, Pukes and Shokkas.

Before you know it will be like being on the top deck of a double decker

RustySpanner

Have you seen the advert? 🙂

It’s not the looks of the car I object too, it’s the smugness of the imagery and the sheer lazyness of the design and marketing.

But mostly the name. 😀

At least Suzuki tried to get the spelling right.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Is that what it looks like? Jeez, what’s so spleen venting about that?!?

It’s more the advert. Imploring people not to blend in while a Kings of Leon hipster drives it around.

Not quite annoying as the Charlise Theron ‘J’adore Dior’ advert though – now that upsets me.

joao3v16
    Free Member

smugness of the imagery and the sheer lazyness of the design and marketing

I think you’ve just summed up every car advert pretty well there …

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

As jaov says, it’s car advertising in general. I saw one in the cinema yesterday for the Giuletta which made me do a little sick in my mouth.

Pook

it looks like a suppository

bikebouy
    Free Member

Fugly car, but that bloke… He’s a rather good looking fellow IMO I can see nothing wrong. 😉

argoose
    Free Member

Still not as bad as the fiat multipla. Never has a car been so wrong.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I think the multipla was right in lots of ways. Stuck two fingers up to the world and said “I’m ugly but I’m practical. Get over it.”

Klunk
    Free Member

waits for the vauxhall ads to start appearing over >>>>>>

Bimbler
    Free Member

I’d still rather have that than an Astra, higher (better?) driving position and more comfortable (a supposition have driven neither). OK it may not satisfy the vrooom vrooom constituency of STW’ers but it’s prolly a decent car, a better proposition as a family car than the usual 5 door hatchback.

argoose
    Free Member

Anyone who thinks a car should look like a dolphin needs help.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

The drivers I respect most these days are in either Hyundai or Kia. Not sure what this says about me (and am a tiny bit worried about the answer…)

Of course the car I really want is a Van.

RustySpanner

deadlydarcy – Member

I think the multipla was right in lots of ways. Stuck two fingers up to the world and said “I’m ugly but I’m practical. Get over it.”

Spot on.
    If they weren’t so wide I’d have had one ages ago (not really practical for the narrow country lanes round here).
    The ‘challenging’ looks were a masterstroke – shame they dumbed the later versions down.

I love the Doblo too – each one has three separate designs of side window:
    Someone has really thought about making it as ugly and uncoordinated as possible, and it works perfectly.
    I think they look great – ugly, but great.

Whereas with the M***a, some asshat has just rounded the edges off a Juke during their lunch hour, named it after his regular coffee order and submitted the results when he got back to the office.
    Lazy, arrogant thinking & cowardly design.

Practicality? Noooo.
    Originality, Oh nooooo, we don’t need any of that.
    Let’s call it something ‘modern’ and put a bloke the target audience will either fancy or admire in the advert and we’ll sign the whole thing off.

elzorillo
    Free Member

Dont get the concern.. looks just like loads of other cars currently on the market.

MSP

The Mokka and Juke are the sort of car that beige people buy to make them appear slightly more quirky and interesting.

I bet he drives one.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Remember with the name RS, that wll have come from Opel in Germany. It may well work for the rest of Europe (only guessing there tbh) and the days of separate names for Vauxhalls went years ago. I suspect Vauxhall salesmen all over the country are facepalming with the thought of trying to sell something called a Mokka.

I don’t remember many coffee shops selling “Mochas” when I was in Germany last year. (But again, I could be imagining that.)

D0NK

some proper **** car adverts about lately, I don’t mind decent adverts even if they are selling absolute dross or the blatantly crap Ads for equally shit products. But some of the latest motor ones are proper going for the clichéd “this is not a car it’s a lifestyle choice. Show everyone what a unique intelligent, strong, compassionate, individual you are by purchasing our motor, it’s headlights are slightly more rounded than our nearest competitor and comes in a slightly different shades of silver”

toss.

Pieface

The car is bland, but the name is a joke. Its like they ran out of ideas or someone thought it was really good.

stumpy01

The advert are no worse than the mountain bike ads in all the mags that make out their bike will turn you into a ‘riding god’, instead of an ‘oh god, I’m not riding that’

FWIW it was in a recent Top Gear magazine & they rated it quite poorly. And a mate of mine test drove one with the intention of replacing his Yeti to lower the repayments. But, he reckoned it was awful. Not even sure he got as far as driving it (although he might have done). Apparently the interior was really low-rent compared to his Yeti & it wasn’t going to be much cheaper.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Have the Multipla advocates actually driven one? I got one as a courtesy car and it was diabolical in every respect, and I’ve driven some sh1tters. Really cheap materials and build quality, noisy, slow, awful to drive and to cap it off it guzzled fuel.

The Cashcow is exactly that, a best seller that other manufacturers are trying to copy. And other posters are right in the easy entry and sense of confidence of the higher position appeals to the “grey hair; beware” tartan blanket brigade.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘So, that new Vauxhall advert……’ is closed to new replies.