Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • So, tell me about the "Snip" then…
  • takisawa2

How long before one can ride again then ?

Currently sat on the day case ward waiting the op.
    I swear I can hear someone sharpening sheers…

I’m Takisawa2
    And this…is vasectomy live.
    🙂

druidh
    Free Member

I’ve never seen what all the fuss is about. A 10 minute procedure and I was riding bikes a couple of days later.

plyphon
    Free Member

Vasectomy live… damn, you should sell that, E4 would be all over that in a minute.

timbur
    Free Member

Simple Op. Take your time getting back on the bike.
    Mine went fine, no nasties but didn’t fancy riding for a while.
    Back to it now and having my “little swimmers test” later this month to see if it’s worked.

theotherjonv

I was told 2 weeks but i got an infection in the wound itself, that prevented healing and needed scrubbing out after about a fortnight (eye wateringly painful), and then another 2 weeks to reheal. Could have ridden from a balls PoV easily within 2 weeks but with an infected gusset, apparently a sweaty chammy at 37C is not recommended.

Good luck, well worth the effort!! Don’t forget you’ll need to clear the tubes as least 32 times before sending your sample in, and you’re going to need a hand with that each and every time.

flip
    Free Member

2-3 days off, needle in, snip snip 😯

Jobs a gud un.

Had mine done couple years back.

sas78

Well, I had to ask for extra anaesthetic twice as I could feel everything the mad lady surgeon was up to, had a swelling that formed a third ball for three days and was in A&E with the thrid ball on day three. By day five I was fine, swelling down and got back in the saddle (the bike one…) a week after the Op. Been some minor pain since but totally worth it.

The sorest part was when I got home and my two year old launched an Argos catalogue on my lap when I was watching TV: Effing agony ah tell thee!

brakes
    Free Member

why do people have the snip?

takisawa2

And we’re off. First victim has gone down.
    All women now kicked off the ward, for privacy of course.
    An uneasy quiet has settled on the ward…
    Nervous smalltalk amongst the victims….

…….>

Sandwich

Wearing a fashionable litle number with an opening at the back takisawa2? Very fetching they are!

flip
    Free Member

Indeed the Waiting room banter was super….

singletracksurfer

I still shy away from the subject when my wife (keeps) asking me when I’m going to have it done. Makes we wince. Good luck.

Sui
    Free Member

i’ve got an appointment for this in Jan – it was supposed to be a talk through…. 😯

martymac

ive had it done, no big deal, i was riding about 10 days after iirc.
    drove the car home though.

snakebite
    Free Member

Was in training when I had mine done so the doc did it in my garage while I was on the turbo, had to do a 15 min standing sprint so he could get to me tackle. Nowt to it, did a PB 10Omiler in the afternoon. 😯

In reality, take it easy after the op for as long as you can, rely on the wife and kids to be your slave. Avoid doing anything strenuous, do what the nurse tells you hygene wise and you should be back on the bike and firing blanks within a fortnight no problem.

You will have black plums for a few days though.

KonaTC

druidh – Member

I’ve never seen what all the fuss is about. A 10 minute procedure and I was riding bikes a couple of days later.

Knock your self out

Yes full pun intended

AndrewJ
    Free Member

I still shy away from the subject when my wife (keeps) asking me when I’m going to have it done. Makes we wince.

MTFU! 😉

theblackmount
    Free Member

Sheers? What if he uses the bricks?

steveoath
    Free Member
    nickhart
    Free Member

Regular bathing with tea tree oil in the bath, a couple of drops, NOT a bath of tea tree oil! Couple of weeks for me, someone I know has just had it done and is still suffering four weeks later, each to their own I guess.

oldgwegg
    Free Member

Yeah – reckon being ready to get back on the bike is so variable but I would leave it a good week anyway just to be sure not to open up the nick to avoid complications that could see you off the bike a lot longer. Had mine reversed a few years later and should really get it done again but haven’t got around too it.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

why do people have the snip?

Erm, why do you think??!!!!

Mine was fine. Afternonn one day, felt fine afterwards, just and ‘awareness’ that something had been done and a very slight tingly sting from the incision on the turkey neck.

Rode to work the next morning!

Worst bit is taking the samples in afterwards (especially if you have to do it several times)

Wookster

I know five guys who’ve done it, two talk about pain, even years afterwards, three who have had it a year or so ago are ok….. Therefore I’m not sure…………..Although the suggestion of chronic pains is enough for me to get it now so I’m not so sure 😯

tuffty
    Free Member

I had the snip about 10 years ago now, just take it easy after the op, you will know when you are ready to bet back on the bike.
    My mate had it done, and you are told to shower the day after the op to keep it clean, well he did that but then slipped astride the bath as he climbed out 😮 😮 (anyone who has had the snip is now making pained noises and crossing their legs :wink:)

Captain-Pugwash
    Free Member

Oh my god, my best mate was told it would be a 10 minute op and you won’t feel anything, saw him the following day as he lay on the sofa at home with a cushion between his legs and a pair nuts that were blue/purple. When I asked whether he felt anything he said that when they grabbed hold of the tubes to be cut he felt like someone was pulling his guts out of his bollocks. Nice.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I love STW. I wanted info on ‘The Snip’ so did a little search and here we are.

Just one question. How long is the waiting time to have it done? Particularly interested in answers from North Birmingham.

Thanks

Onzadog
    Free Member

Humm, did a bit of research and found tales of pvp (post vasectomy pain) and the absorption of wigglers causing auto immune issues. Anyway, I’ve got a letter from the doctor saying I shouldn’t have it done due to an increased risk of pvp so for that reason I’m out.

honourablegeorge

Why not get your wife to have a hysterectomy instead? It’s a far less invasive procedure.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Should be painless and hassle free if you can follow instructions, blokes can’t which is why so many have problems.
    I was disconnected from the mains by a consultant called Mr Hasty, I kid you not.
    The worst bit is the discussions about parking allocation between Doc & Nurse during the procedure. 😯

Sandwich

it was supposed to be a talk through

Oh you’ll get to chat through the event.

colin1265
    Free Member

I had mine done with my hernia. Special buy one get one free that week. Seemed like the logical thing to do while they were ferreting around down there !

tomaso
    Free Member

I had it done 3 days before my 40th birthday in September and I was a sore achey and delicate but was cycling to work on day 5 and went out mountainbiking on day 8 and rode the Coed y Brenin Enduro on day 11 :mrgreen:

Double up with the cycling shorts for maximum support and when riding a tricky rock drop don’t catch them on the back of your saddle!

Every person and operation is different, I hope you get lucky.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘So, tell me about the "Snip" then…’ is closed to new replies.