Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 88 total)
  • So some firemen saved some pigs and subsequently got sausages made from them..
  • dougiedogg
    Free Member

And people are outraged!

Is that not what the pigs were raised for?

Phil_H

Yup.
    Apparently the sausages were delicious.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’m going to have sausages for lunch now.

Take that veggies!

allthegear
    Free Member

Sounds reasonable – can’t even see this as a “story”

Rachel

chestrockwell

I’m a firefighter and am currently eating a sausage butty. Not sure I would eat sausages made from pigs I had rescued though. Saying that, probably would if I was hungry.

dougiedogg
    Free Member

Radio 2 sees it as a story 🙄

mikewsmith
    Free Member

As a farmers son we didn’t eat lamb during lambing that was it…

dougiedogg
    Free Member

Apparently it’s a moral issue 😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Radio 2

There’s the problem!

dragon
    Free Member

The Greenfell Tower victims must currently be sh*tting themselves!!

Alphabet

Since getting sheep I don’t eat lamb anymore 😥

LeeW

I agree it’s a none story but can appreciate why oeople are up in arms. What’s next? Cat burgers made from a cat rescued from the top of a tree? Granny burger made from… well. You can see the theme developing. 🙂

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

People are stupid.

Should the pigs suddenly become pets because they survived a fire!?

kayak23

It’s a story because it has a delicious irony innit, much like the apparently delicious sausages they enjoyed.

I don’t eat meat but realise that others do.

joshvegas
    Free Member

If they’d left them another 10 minutes they wouldn’t even have to cook them.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Some pigs not surviving a fire, pictured recently.

🙂

tomhoward

Seems like they wasted hard working British tax payers money on avoiding having a free hog roast.

Having just been quoted the price of said hog roast, I say heads should roll….

bikebouy
    Free Member

Reality Outrage!

Most folks think the shop Iceland is actually the island Iceland.

zokes
    Free Member

So actually it was actually “out of the fire and into the frying pan” all along

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

out of the fire and into the frying pan?

EDIT: Damn! Beaten by 37 seconds. (GSOH Zokes)

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

tomhoward – Member

I say heads should roll….

I say sausages should roll…

Mmmmm…sausages…

jimjam
    Free Member

dougiedogg – Member

And people are outraged!

Is that not what the pigs were raised for?

To be fair, it’s a big shock to people when they learn that sausages don’t grow in tescos.

avdave2

When I was around 11 I was with my dad when we called in to a pig farm so he could see how the damping down was going. It had been rather well alight the night before and it’s not a sight or smell I shall easily forget!

When Harvey’s brewery in Lewes had a fire they brewed a special beer to celebrate the event and the work of the fire brigade in saving the brewery. A good few bottles of that were distributed to the firemen. Better than a sausage any day.

brakes
    Free Member

I’m outraged that we are assuming people are actually outraged by this outrage.

FuzzyWuzzy

The only issue I have with this story is I ended up spitting toothpaste all over my bathroom mirror when I heard it on the radio this morning

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

aracer
    Free Member

Were the outraged people vegetarians or vegans? Would it have been OK if the farm had given the firefighters sausages made from different pigs?

dougiedogg
    Free Member

I think there was a vegan on the phone in. They were ethically outraged.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

What, sausages don’t grow on trees? 😯

If I saved a {insert edible animal here}, I’m not sure how comfortable I would be eating it at a later date. Especially if each pig was named while alive and a label was put on each individual sausage to say which pig it was part of…

beefheart
    Free Member

You’d be more outraged if you knew which parts of each pig were in your sausage.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

beefheart – Member
    You’d be more outraged if you knew which parts of each pig were in your sausage.

Lips, hooves and arseholes.

Tasty, though!

Great thing about pigs is that you can eat pretty much everything but the oink.

Sandwich

Especially if each pig was named while alive

We name all our pig club weaners. It’s usually something sympathetic like Chop or Loin mind. 😆

jon1973
    Free Member

Isn’t the arsehole just a hole? How many holes do you get in the average sausage?

dannyh
    Free Member

Classic conflict of interest – I’m surprised the revenue haven’t been after them given the generally humourless world we now live in.

chakaping
    Free Member

A few people moaned on social media, that’s all.

It’s social media – what do you **** expect? BBC should be above this kind of crap.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Since getting sheep I don’t eat lamb anymore

You’ve realised how much more tastyful mutton is??

neilwheel
    Free Member

Smoked sausages?

bearnecessities

The Greenfell Tower victims must currently be sh*tting themselves!!

That made me proper lol 🙂

lucky7500

beefheart – Member

Tasty, though!

Great thing about pigs is that you can eat pretty much everything but the oink. I see someone recently watched Okja.

crankboy
    Free Member

Subject to a debate about the status of fish and molluscs I haven’t eaten meat for 32 years and I can’t see any thing to be outraged or even mildly irritated about in this.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘So some firemen saved some pigs and subsequently got sausages made from them..’ is closed to new replies.