Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • So, Pete the postie ain't happy…
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’ve seen our postie out & about lately, but not on his familiar bike & shoving a 4 wheeled trolley. Saw him today while I was on my bike & says ‘where’s your bike Pete?’ & stopped for a chat. He said (what most of you probably already know) that they’d been knocked on the head for H&S reasons.
    So now it takes him an hour longer to do his round & he’s now got sore legs & a bad back!
    Mad. (not Pete)

yunki
    Free Member

We still get a few on bikes round here.. I saw one last week

dirtyrider
    Free Member

yup,

one of our regular local riders is a postie, still does “rural” stuff on a bike, but for the rest its been knocked in the head

brakes
    Free Member

they’d been knocked on the head for H&S reasons

I think you’ll find it’s because of data protection…

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Hmm, TNT are giving their possible future posties cycle training lessons.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

It’s gonna get a whole lot worse for Pete soon.

Jamie
    Free Member

Oi! We’ll have none of your truth based nonsense around here. Thank you very much!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

When will I find this out then? I suspect it’ll be when you either tell me or link it cos I haven’t a clue what your on about.

It’s gonna get a whole lot worse for Pete soon.

It’s getting worse for almost everyone pal!

yorlin
    Free Member

I always liked the postie bikes – didn’t they donate them to african charities when they were finished with them?

Closest I ever found was a stall at a market in amsterdam selling loads of the Royal Mail post bags. Oh, and bowler hats.

Hmm can you buy the police mtb’s second hand anywhere?

brakes
    Free Member

When will I find this out then? I suspect it’ll be when you either tell me or link it cos I haven’t a clue what your on about.

I can’t link it unless you submit a freedom of information request, for which you’ll need a pen and paper, but I can’t give either of those because you haven’t had the proper safe lifting training so it’s against health and safety.

composite
    Free Member

brakes – Member

I can’t link it unless you submit a freedom of information request, for which you’ll need a pen and paper, but I can’t give either of those because you haven’t had the proper safe lifting training so it’s against health and safety.

😆

walla24
    Free Member

they gave hundreds of bikes to re-cycle, respect

postierich
    Free Member

This is where they are stored before being shipped to Africa!
    On Cannock Chase

DSCF2450[1] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

brakes
    Free Member

can you only get them in red?

bettyswollocks
    Free Member

Hmm can you buy the police mtb’s second hand anywhere?

I doubt it. If other police forces around the country are anything like the one I work for then they’ll be sh!t scared that anything happened to the buyer/rider after the sale. You can see the headlines in the daily mail if some poor sole has a tumble – “Police sell ‘killer’ bikes”. The fallout isn’t worth it for them.
    A shame really because I’ve seen garage loads of Specialized and Giants piled up rotting away because cops aren’t allowed to use them. That’ll be H&S again…

zilog6128

Saw a postie on a bike yesterday (city not rural) so there must be a few about still.

variflex
    Free Member

Ah dont worry, once they float on the stock exchange, they’ll have top of the range MTB’s. The bosses will have a couple of billion of capital raised by then and will need to spend some of it 🙂

beefheart
    Free Member

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘So, Pete the postie ain't happy…’ is closed to new replies.