Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • So… Pakistan cricket…
  • psychle
    Free Member

Should the whole country be banned from playing international cricket for a couple of years? If today's allegations are true, and it's looking pretty damning isn't it, then surely it's time to crack down on them? If I was an international team, I wouldn't want to play them any more, who knows if they're playing with integrity or not??

avdave2

If I was an international team, I wouldn't want to play them any more, who knows if they're playing with integrity or not??

Not want to play a team who want to lose! Are you mad?

RustySpanner

Bit naive to think it's only Pakistan, surely?

Personally, I think all pro sport has been corrupted on some level by the influence of money.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

The News of the World alleges that Pakistani players were secretly paid to deliberately bowl no-balls during the Test.

Best to wait until any enquiry has been done and the results made public really, before condemning.

Big money = people will do naughty things. Perhaps easier in cricket than other sports. I dunno. Not the first time Cricket's been called into question, and won't be the last.

mboy
    Free Member

The allegations are pretty loose so far. One man being arrested and a couple of accusations does not a rock solid case make! Lets wait til we see some rock hard evidence…

Bit naive to think it's only Pakistan, surely?

Totally, it's professional sport, it's been happening on a number of levels by quite some time sadly… There's always someone who will be corrupted by money!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Suspect if someone offered a number of sports people say £30 K to do a minor thing [that does not affect the outcome]say give away a throw in for footy, serve a double fault at tennis, bowl a no bowl in cricket, etc there would be a fair few sports people tempted. I doubt the Pakistan players area ll that well paid and I suspect only extrem wealth protects all sports from this sort of corruption.
    To damn the entire Pakistan team for the alleged actrions of 2 players is a bit of an overeaction. Surely ban the culprits ….bet the team/managemnt had no idea so why should they be punished.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I'd ban Junkyard for having such crap keyboard skilz. 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

Guilty as charged 😳

😆
    Rather type poorly that type idotic drivel like some on here
    i am not Mark datz

brakes
    Free Member

they've got to liven up cricket somehow
    :yawn:

higgo
    Free Member

Once the facts are established, ban the guilty. Personally I doubt any fixing is done at team/board level so no need to ban at that level. If it's limited to the couple of players, just ban the two of them.

RPM
    Free Member

But if a bowler is involved in 'spot fixing' a particular delivery in a particular over, then the captain must be in on it too.

higgo
    Free Member

But if a bowler is involved in 'spot fixing' a particular delivery in a particular over, then the captain must be in on it too.

Hmmmm…. I guess so. Although for the first few overs at least you could take an intelligent guess on who'll be opening the bowling from which end.

Junkyard
    Free Member

If you know the two opening bowlers and they are both in on it then you dont need the captain at all. Probably better they are in on it to be sure though.

andy7t2
    Free Member

it not cricket!!!!

RPM
    Free Member

Well you do need the captain to be involved as he decides who bowls and when.

But, from what I've just heard on the radio, it seems like (at least one of) the deliveries under scrutiny were indicated to be "in the bowler's third over, not the third over of the game" so this could exonerate Salman Butt.

Stoner
    Free Member

I think what's most disappointing is that probably some senior team members in the Pakistan team have potentially destroyed the entire career of the young Amir who looked like such a brilliant new player. He's only 18 and as mentioned above would have had to have been one of the 3 lead bowlers in on the scam to ensure that the planned no balls were covered by whichever bowling strategy the captain employed without his knowing. As a young'un he would have been very susceptible to a corrupting voice of an elder team member. The threat from the Pakistani PM is one of a lifetime ban on proof of collusion – that's potentially a great career extinguished at it's start.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘So… Pakistan cricket…’ is closed to new replies.