Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • SO. Pacestar or Trailstar – Does anyone actually know which is harder?
  • chris_db
    Free Member

I believe that Schwalbe tyres are softer if they are Trailstar compound.

Can anyone confirm Pacestar is harder?

Gimme the proof; one way or the other!

Chris

aracer
    Free Member

What sort of proof do you want? Will direct from the horses mouth do?
    http://www.schwalbetires.com/hans_dampf

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

From Schwalbe:

PaceStar – for MTB Race, All Mountain and Tour. Super-fast with a combination of low rolling resistance and durability. The tire shoulders were made appreciably softer to improve handling on rough terrain.

TrailStar – for Enduro and Freeride. Triple Nano compound was unsuitable performance-wise and the rolling resistance of Gooey Gluey was too high. TrailStar has substantially more grip, better damping and handling control. Nevertheless, the compound is not overly heavy, making it suitable for climbing too.

I can understand why that’s confusing tbh. I’ve got Trailstar NN and reckon they’re fast, but maybe that explains why I seem unfit. They seems to suggest more grip for Trailstar.

chris_db
    Free Member

Thankyou kindly.

I guess my question was kindof facetious – there are contradicting threads on here – Pacestar goes on the rear..OK?

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

IMO – Yes.

JoeG
    Free Member

The preferred mix is Trailstar front (for grip in the corners) and Pacestar rear (for lower rolling resistance and longer wear).

Kryton57

Issue 76 STW tyre test – trail star softer, Pacestar harder front/rear respectively.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘SO. Pacestar or Trailstar – Does anyone actually know which is harder?’ is closed to new replies.