• This topic has 49 replies, 37 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by hels.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • So one one the younger guy at works just said…….
  • teadrinker
    Free Member

…………..”I need to put weight some on, my body doesn’t fit my height. It’s too small for the level I’m currently at”

Confusingly I broke the silence and asked “What do you mean?”

His response was “Diet control. It’s all about diet control, you won’t understand at your age”

I’m 38 and his right. I don’t understand. Anyone?

Cougar

Cut his feet off.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Totally get it – he is either underfat or overtall?

Either that or he’s been at the Wii Fit again.

bones
    Free Member

Not sure his brain fits his head.

seadog101

Does he mean your physique is beyond help now at the ripe old age of 38? Does he think he’s too skinny? He’ll be on the protein shakes next.

It baffles me that many of the younger guys I work with are in such a shabby flabby state. Why? You’re young and have everything at your disposal to be able to mantain a healthy set of dimensions. FFS, they seem to live off fags too!

I Work offshore, and on our rig everyone gets 12 hours off per day, there’re are two really well equipped gyms, food is good, and you aren’t forced to eat the pies and gravy each meal (tempting though that is as the pies are quite good!).

In many ways I wonder how someone under 30, doing a non-sedantary job, can keep such potbellied, slack limbbed, bejowelled frame.

I’m 47, somehow, and manage to maintain a respectable calories in to calories out balance. Theres a few squidgy bits which Id love to dispose of, but overall I reckon Im in decent shape with too many sacrifices.
    Rant finished.

Pigface
    Free Member

Yoof is wasted on the young 😐

wwaswas

just talk about him as ‘the scrawny looking one’ in future when he’s listening…

footflaps

In many ways I wonder how someone under 30, doing a non-sedantary job, can keep such potbellied, slack limbbed, bejowelled frame.

It’s probably a fashion thing…

slowoldman

Yoof is wasted on the young

It most certainly is. I wasted quite a bit of mine.

BadlyWiredDog

Isn’t there some research that suggests young men these days have become insufferably vain thanks to media and peer-group pressure, the internet etc. He’s probably trying to attain some sort of unrealistic perfect body shape – you know, the sort most STWers have thanks to their constant keyboard-tapping exercise regime, massively muscled fingers and rounded, shrunken, hunched shoulders allied to a well-defined, broad and stable posterior.

It’s not an easy ideal to achieve by any means. Hence his frustration.

He sounds a bit screwed up on the body image front anyway.

footflaps

you know, the sort most STWers have thanks to their constant keyboard-tapping exercise regime, massively muscled fingers and rounded, shrunken, hunched shoulders allied to a well-defined, broad and stable posterior.

I bought a Howies jacket once which must have been designed for that figure, it’s waist was considerably larger than the chest, so had been designed for a pot bellied, pigeon chested person. Sent it back wondering who on earth it would actually fit.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

He wants to get HENCH, totally get it, what bird wants a scrawny or fat bloke. He needs to get himself down the gym and get some 5x5s on the go.

Yak

He wants to get HENCH

???

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’d say he needs to learn English, in both speech and language.

I couldn’t fathom out what you wrote, he said either.

Have you tried semaphore ?
    or possibly just 1 slap across the face = Yes, two slaps = No approach??
    or hexadecimals ?

Try that.. 😆

perchypanther
    Free Member

or try….”Do you even lift bro?”

footflaps

He wants to get HENCH

Somebody called me that the other day. No idea what it means and not sure he did either…

P-Jay
    Free Member

I don’t get the Yoof of today either, when I was in my 20’s you wanted to maintain a decent shape to help your chances at the cattle market, and maybe a bit of a personal hygiene regiment so you didn’t wilt flowers.

The young lads these days are mental – in fairness I live in Wales and you have to accept a certain amount of mental imbalance as the norm, but they’re in the gym, but only care about chest, abs and arms, they wobble about on this tiny little legs, with tight t-shirt with a V-neck cut down to their belly button, shaved chests, make-up, moisturiser.

One lad at my old work place was spending £30 on **** shower gel, and not just for Saturday night, he bathed in this stuff daily – 2 or 3 bottles a month – £90 a month on shower gel because it smelt the same as his fancy after-shave. I started to wonder if there had been a bit of a role reversal and the Girls they were chasing at the weekend sort of roled out of bed at 7pm, sprayed a bit of Perfume down the front of their jeans and headed out on the town, but I doubt it.

deadkenny
    Free Member

How old is he? Under 25, maybe under 30?

Just tell him to wait a few years, then bam! Then he’ll learn about diet control, in particular how everything he normally eats and drinks yet still stays skinny now causes that fat bastard belly to increase 😉

DaRC_L

Yeah ‘Hench’ my son introduced me to the term a few years ago…
    yes young folk dreaming that they’re special and no-one older than them could have any understanding 😉
    I think Mark Twain had it best

When I was 14 my father knew nothing, by the time I was 21 I was amazed at how much he’d learnt in 7 years

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’m currently rockin’ the Dad Bod. 8)

BadlyWiredDog

Joking aside, maybe the whole weight/height thing is a badly-worded way at saying he’s outside the norm on the [ridiculous] BMI tables rather than that he’s been spending too much time looking in distorting mirrors? It would make some sort of sense.

The bit about ‘diet control’ though, no idea. One of my colleagues down in London seems to be convinced that eating boxes of cold roads chicken fillet slices for lunch will somehow magically make him honed and muscular. Maybe it’s something like that.

Or maybe he’s just a tad confused.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Henchman: man who is hench

jools182
    Free Member

bones – Member
    Not sure his brain fits his head.

😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

MrWoppit
    Free Member

He thinks he’s too thin for his height.

Simples. What are you, 92?

Northwind

I’m going to assume he’s got a gigantic head

TPTcruiser

Larry Hench, glass scientist, inventor of bioglass, author of Boing Boing the Bionic Cat children’s books. Died in December last year. One of the nicest men on the planet.
    Great to be Hench!

toby1

BEER.

philjunior
    Free Member

I have a friend who is underweight and seeing the doc about it, 6 foot/61kg.

Target is 66kg.

That said, he climbs annoyingly well compared with me at the same height, and 40% or so heavier.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Beard, ridiculous haircut, tats, wears brogues without socks?
    Slap the daft bugger.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’m going to assume he’s got a gigantic head

That’s a bit much. He’ll cry himself to sleep tonight……on his huge pillow.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

he’s oVbiously a teenager cos they know ****ing everything. I’m undertall & fat but I don’t understand why! 😀

cloudnine
    Free Member

Probably had some derogatory comments on his Facebook selfies. Its all about online peer approval and being vain enough to attempt conformity with the matrix generation.

bearnecessities

Responding with “I’m too sexy for my shirt” followed by the dance, would have ensured he never raised the topic again.

globalti
    Free Member

A friend of mine is currently going through mental agony over his teenage son who has a self-image problem and is spending hours in the gym, having given up a promising early career as a footballer. To add to my friend’s worry his son has started using creatine and my friend is worried he will move on to something stronger.

teadrinker
    Free Member

Weirdly enough Flash his hair actually looks like that.

The young gentleman in question who finishes work at 5pm is staying late as his watching colonic irrigation videos on you tube. Apparently this is something his considering after watching a programme the other day.

I’m aware of hench, his mentioned hench and Geordie Shore in the same sentence before.

piemonster

It most certainly is. I wasted quite a bit of mine.

Like you, I was wasted for quite a bit of mine.

piemonster

Ahhh hench as in henchman

Good to see today’s youth has retained its pointless ability to create twatty slang.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Hench is a real word

As for getting his ass washed out: I was in bed for 2 days when I had it done – made me feel **** grim :/

But it’s off the to-do list…

piemonster

Yeh, Google found that. I just guessed the source word was henchman.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘So one one the younger guy at works just said…….’ is closed to new replies.