Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • So Ollie Jones and I made a video slideshow
  • wysiwyg
    Free Member

I’ve been rocking the Whistler life for 3 weeks now and part of that was an extremely hectic 72hrs shooting Deep Summer photo challenge with Ollie. I kinda lost the love ol for photography a while ago, but he asked me to help him out with his lighting setups and this is what we came up with. If anyone has any questions about putting a slideshow together or whistler hit me up. Enjoy.

Kamakazie

Some nice photos there and good lighting work on the intro 🙂

jam-bo

Is that tippie at the start?

martinhutch

That’s really nicely put together, some great shots. I take it you guys do this for a living?

BTW That tree jump! 😯

Alphabet

WOW amazing photos and it looks like you had a great time. It’s really nice to see something like this rather than the usual GoPro movie footage. Hopefully you’ll post up more in the future.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Yeah that’s Tippie as our Morpheus. Ollie was talking to him after the show about how he hadn’t slept for 36 hours and Tippie was like dude when I was a crack addict I didn’t sleep for ten days straight. The guys mental.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Lovely stuff

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Ollie just rides bikes and shoots what he can. He works at a hotel 3 days a week and sends it the other days. Loves shooting photos and alpine adventures with his girlfriend Hayley.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Ha hah. I love Jim’ll paint it

qwerty
    Free Member

Yes, that tree jump 😯

wysiwyg
    Free Member

We built all the lines in the show that aren’t bike park. It was a hectic few weeks, but the 72hrs shoot time was crazy. We didn’t get the dawn shots we wanted due to smoke so the day of the show Ollie set off with 3 riders at 2.30 to shoot sunrise in the alpine which was a 2 hr hike a bike. I stayed and tweaked photos till 4.30. They arrived back at 9, we had to produce the slideshow and submit it by 1 that day. The video was rendering in the car on the way to the judges at 12.50. Thank god for laptops.

zilog6128

Nice vid! Maybe try shooting some REAL mountain biking next time though? Some tips:

. Wheels on the ground, please.
    . Wipe those smiles off your faces. It isn’t supposed to be fun.
    . Find some decent scenery (I’m told nowhere with man-made trails has nice views)
    . Basically it should all just be slowly ploughing down muddy bridleways.

CalamityJames
    Free Member

Amazing pictures. I much prefer looking at good photography than films/ sick edits (though understand they have their place/ market). Look forward to seeing more in the future.

tmb467
    Free Member

Really like this

Seems to be going down well on NSMB as well

Rabbit Hole

DezB
    Free Member

Superb that.

Looks like Ollie lives the life eh. Lucky fella.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Yeah it’s a hard life.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Great stuff, and another vid/shoot ticked off the list and I still don’t know who thought it was a good idea to use a leaf blower to make “dust effects” on Drop in clinic and cover the rest of us on the other trail in dust while riding completely blind 🙁

Still reminds me that 4 days was not enough for me and I need to pack a photographer to follow me around

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Wasn’t me, I was fixing a flat whilst they shot drop in clinic. Oops

jamj1974

Most excellent!

Andy

Whoa, thats fantastic. Really enjoyed it. Makes me want to get out and ride. Thanks 😀

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Leafblower 😉

hambl90
    Free Member

Those are some of the best pics I’ve ever seen .

kayak23

Mint.

siwhite
    Free Member

Love that – some fabulous pics in there. Cheeky nak-nak as well – that used to be my best trick!

Who did the music?

wysiwyg
    Free Member

It’s a sample of ghost rider https://youtu.be/fjXl0LG7ZOM

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘So Ollie Jones and I made a video slideshow’ is closed to new replies.