Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • So Occupy London….
  • teamhurtmore
    Free Member

….success, failure, does it matter?

According to the BBC, the City has won its bid to evict the protestors

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-16592534

The New Statesman concludes that, “The protest has become a network of mutual support for the lost and destitute.”

http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/laurie-penny/2012/01/occupy-movement-london

Was anything achieved?

joao3v16
    Free Member

Does anyone remember why they’re there in the first place?

I lost interest, and so did the media, pretty quickly, so I really can’t remember …

“Occupy London” is way too pretentious – they’re occupying probably less than 1% of it?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I rather approve of our clearance methodology as compared to the Americans: Wait until there’s so few of them left (the rest having drifted away out of boredom) that removing the last half-dozen or so hardly merits a mention….

BoardinBob

The Glasgow mob buggered off as soon as the weather turned bad.

Hardcore.

binners

This is an occupation

this isn’t

It was utterly pointless and shambolic.

Why are you here? Oh…..erm….. because……erm…..

What are your aims? Erm…. dunno really

Do you have any demands in return for you ****ing off. Er…I think so. Has someone got that list we wrote last night after the 7th bottle of cider? Hang on a minute……

will
    Free Member

Good.

kimbers

yup its better now that theyve gone

the rest of us sheep can just get on with being shafted by our financial overlords

it was an utterly pointless exercise they had been to starbucks ffs 😉

it was only 270 towns and cities across the world after all

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2011/oct/17/occupy-protests-world-list-map

joao3v16
    Free Member

The British are too apathetic to do a proper occupation of anywhere.

Although if anyone ever organises a protest that involves generally moaning about stuff to your mates but not being prepared to do any more than that, we’ll be well in there!

iffoverload
    Free Member

money talks…..

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Why are you here? Oh…..erm….. because……erm…..

What are your aims? Erm…. dunno really

Do you have any demands in return for you ****ing off. Er…I think so. Has someone got that list we wrote last night after the 7th bottle of cider? Hang on a minute……

Do you really not understand the purpose of the protest ?

The aim of the protesters was to show opposition to severe austerity measures whilst those responsible for the mess are allowed to handsomely reward themselves. It was to achieve “publicity”, and I can’t see how they have failed in that – they managed to get plenty of publicity.

Personally I thought it was all terribly middle-class and really rather pointless, but I fully supported them and wished them well.

I certainly have more respect for them than smart-arse contrarians who have nothing to offer other than cheap gibes.

What have your endless daily rantings ever achieved binners ?

Northwind

I feel like they’d achieved everything they were going to achieve (politically at least) quite a while back, so it might have made sense to pack up earlier and maybe move on to something else.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘So Occupy London….’ is closed to new replies.