• This topic has 18 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by 7hz.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • So now there's overmountain!
  • toons
    Free Member

OverMountain does what “all-mountain” can’t.
    For anyone who’s ever wished they could ride their XC bike to the top of the hill and their long-travel bike back down, we present the OverMountain bikes; a family of dual-travel, dual-personality superbikes so versatile and so capable that they needed a category all their own.

Source

Mister-P
    Free Member

All mountain / cross mountain / over mountain. It is all pretty much of a much really, especially to a good number of riders that never actually ride on a real mountain.

RV
    Free Member

Don’t expect to see them soon though. I was hanging out for one, god knows when they’ll turn up in the UK, maybe 2012….

pixelmix
    Free Member

I’m holding out for under mountain in 2013.

Mister-P
    Free Member

She’ll be coming round the mountain?

…so versatile and so capable that they needed a category all their own.

Of course, if the rider was a bit more versatile and a bit more capable, they’d get by just fine on the bike they’ve already got.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Dyad shock thing looks quite interesting. Wonder if you’ll be able to buy those from mojo and stick them on your all mountain bikes to make them over mountain bikes 🙂

mrblobby
    Free Member

Hmm looking at the photo again, is it a pull shock? Looks pretty similar to the one on the Genius.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Of course, if the rider was a bit more versatile and a bit more capable, they’d get by just fine on the bike they’ve already got.

+1

Trimix
    Free Member

What happened to ATB Bikes ?

vinnyeh

There’s a lot of knocking of stuff that’s not fully understood here. It seems like theres more innovation going on than just a new tagline as is proven here.

Not seen since around 2002, the new Jekyll replaces the Moto as their long travel “all mountain” bike, though they won’t call it that. The new model uses Japanese-made military-spec ballistic fibers, constructed with a high-impact, hot melt resin that’s also used in baseball bat manufacturing so it’s made to take repetitive high impacts and resist crack propagation. The 2011 Jekyll uses high modulus carbon sparingly because it’s brittle and more suited to road and XC bikes.
    Made in Japan, the ballistic carbon fiber used in the Jekyll is military spec, used in anti-ballistic equipment, and Cannondale has to sign off and account for every kilo of fiber. In fact, Cannondale’s Murray Washburn, global product marketing manager, said you could take a hammer and smack the frame hard and there would be no damage. One of their German engineers has even taken a hatchet and hit the downtube and it didn’t break the fibers. The goal with all of this was to create a carbon fiber frame that would remove the doubts and fears of those that say carbon has no place on long travel, all-mountain, Over-Mountain bikes.

By using BallisTec fibers, they’ve creates a carbon frame that’s lighter and stronger than aluminum and more dent resistant than steel.

Jimalmighty
    Free Member

It is similar, it does have two air chambers and two separate damping circuits… unlike the Genius.

chakaping
    Free Member

especially to a good number of riders that never actually ride on a real mountain.

Are they the same riders who spend their time carping about marketing terms on internet forums?

Just wondering.

chakaping
    Free Member

Interesting Vinney. I hope Cannondale dealers will let prospective buyers whack their bikes with hammers as well.

I’d pretend I was interested in buying one if they did.

Woody
    Free Member

What a load of marketing shite. I find the use of ‘claymore’ followed by ‘Claidheamh Mòr’ for emphasis even more pathetic but completely understandable as everyone knows that anything Scottish is harder and more ruggedly gnaar than anything the yanks can offer 8)

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

“Of course, if the rider was a bit more versatile and a bit more capable, they’d get by just fine on the bike they’ve already got.”

So long as their are idiots who have more money than sense there will be newer, better ways of reinventing the wheel.

You can’t blame the maketing folk for coming up with new versions of the same thing

mikewsmith
    Free Member

what does that make my 456 with 160mm forks then?? I will be taking it over some mountains tonight

montylikesbeer

round the mountain will be next

7hz
    Free Member

I’m more of an aggressive all-hill rider, although I do venture into free-down-country at times.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘So now there's overmountain!’ is closed to new replies.