• This topic has 57 replies, 38 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by teef.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • So, next door but one has got a dog.
  • Cougar

BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK AAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHH!!!

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Keep it down, I’m trying to have a relaxing bath.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

When nobody in? Record some of it and take it round for owners to hear, if things don’t settle down.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    fasthaggis

Reported

Cougar

When nobody in?

Dunno. It’s often in their back yard, whether the “owners” are in or not I’ve no idea. I wonder whether booting it outside for an hour is their idea of exercise / dog toileting?

zanelad
    Free Member

Steal the dog and put it in your garden. See how they like it.

MrOvershoot

You have my sympathy, until a couple of years ago we had a person at least 5 houses away that had a dog that was put out for the night and it then proceeded to whine, bark or howl for most of the night.
    We always sleep with the windows open so in the end we slept with earplugs in.

Finally a few of us went round “pitchfork style” as the bloke was a right mardy bugger.
    I think the fact that we went round en masse helped as after claiming he didn’t know about the noise it was pointed out that he was the first person to complain when a neighbours builders had started before 8am during the week so he certainly wasn’t deaf.

Good luck

RobHilton
    Free Member

Who would win in a fight between a Cougar and a dog?

CheesybeanZ

Open your front door walk to your next door but one neighbours and have a polite chat about the barking , if that fails record date and times of the barking then report to the dog warden .

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Yes it’s wonderful dog owners letting the rest of us experience the joy of their pets. We should thank them every time they chase and try to bite us, they shit outside our house’s and in all public spaces. The shit bag decorated trees and overflowing stinking shit bins, not to mention the chorus of barking dogs of an evening.

The resented putting their dogs on a lead/keeping it under control and drive to take over public spaces to the exclusion of everybody else.

No really thanks.

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

a bit like other peoples kids then .. I see a similarity especially round our neck of the woods

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Oh dear. Here we go.

#stwargues

perchypanther
    Free Member

Deploy the tranquiliser sausage

Junkyard
    Free Member

#worstchatuplinesever

enfht
    Free Member

Still early days but I think this works against the little yapping shyte of a dog next door.

jam-bo

I feel sorry for the dog.

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

they shit outside our house’s

Are you sure it was a dog and not a grammar vigilante?

cinnamon_girl

You have my sympathy. Having a similar problem, next door neighbour leaves a large GSD on its own for at least 7 hours daily. Whilst mostly it’s quiet during the day, when she returns it’s non-stop barking and she does nothing to stop it. Have come extremely close to shouting at her to sort out her bl**dy dog.

martymac

We have a neighbour who openly lets her dog shite in front of the door (flats) and any where else in the street.
    Sho only picks it up if she notices someone watching.
    I have to walk to the car with my eyes glued to the road to avoid a dogshite/carpet interface.
    I like dogs, it’s ‘some’ owners that want putting down.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Have you considered popping it back through her letterbox?

Adopt a similar attitude she has to leaving her dog’s shit. Do it when no-one’s looking.

martinhutch

a dogshite/carpet interface.

In your own words, the correct response.

bearnecessities

Surely a dog that can say AAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHH!!! must be worth a few quid.

DezB
    Free Member

Solo
    Free Member

Cougar – Moderator
    BARK BARK BARK, etc

Sometimes followed with “SHUT UP!” from the owner?

Yeap, got that one too, truely irritating.
    As a fellow sufferer, you have my sympathies.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

The neighbors’ dog will not stop barking.
    He is barking the same high, rhythmic bark
    that he barks every time they leave the house.
    They must switch him on on their way out.

I close all the windows in the house
    and put on a Beethoven symphony full blast
    but I can still hear him muffled under the music,
    barking, barking, barking,

and now I can see him sitting in the orchestra,
    his head raised confidently as if Beethoven
    had included a part for barking dog.

When the record finally ends he is still barking,
    sitting there in the oboe section barking,
    his eyes fixed on the conductor who is
    entreating him with his baton

while the other musicians listen in respectful
    silence to the famous barking dog solo,
    that endless coda that first established
    Beethoven as an innovative genius.

Billy Collins

martymac

Letterbox incident is on its way . . .

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

You need some of them there sheeps for it to bother so you can dig out the .243.

My wife was 18 when I first met her, I’d stop over the odd night at her parents house. Her next door neighbour had a jack russell that was left in the back garden to bark all night. Her neighbour was nigh on stone deaf so oblivious to it all every time someone complained.

Felt sorry for the dog left out in all weathers but I lost count of the times I ended up hanging out of the window in the middle of the night telling it to shut up.

jimjam
    Free Member

Cougar
    BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK

Please spare a thought for their neglected furry child you frozen hearted bastard.

yunki
    Free Member

I think the accepted spelling these days is BORK

Cougar

It’s a dog, not the Swedish Chef.

jekkyl

Do the people living there look like they might enter into polite discussion about their noisey dog?
    any neck tattoos?

big_n_daft
    Free Member

a bit like other peoples kids then .. I see a similarity especially round our neck of the woods

Kids bark all night long where you are?

timba
    Free Member

Local council dealt with a neighbour during a summer of discontent, but if it escalates to that it needs to be declared if you sell your house (or it did then)
    Better sorted between neighbours if possible, without dispute

kayak23

I close all the windows in the house
    and put on a Beethoven symphony

Bach, surely?

oldtalent
    Free Member

The sort who own a constant barking dog arent usually the sort you want to have a conversation with about their constant barking dog.
    Councils are generally useless.
    Rearrange the following:- Sausages, antifreeze soaked, over the fence, toss.

br
    Free Member

The only way not to be either disturbed by neighbours or to disturb your neighbours is not to have any, move.

I use to think we were pretty good (when we lived on a normal residential street), and then a neighbour mentioned one day how I woke him every day when I went to work at 6am… Now we’re in the country and don’t have neighbours near enough to disturb.

mrmoofo

The sort who own a constant barking dog arent usually the sort you want to have a conversation with about their constant barking dog.
    Councils are generally useless.
    Rearrange the following:- Sausages, antifreeze soaked, over the fence, toss.

And we can apply this to noisy , ill disciplined children as well ?

mountainman

We have a neighbour who does not understand dogs too.
    Got himself 2 husky pups as guard dogs (both soft as could be) realized they were no good for intended purpose,so he sold them.
    Next got a GSD pup ,outside compound and constsantly shouts at said dog ,it comes over to ours 3 down for attention when he lets it out in garden/field,when he went away he asked me to feed it ,poor thing craves a bit of love,and is made to stay out all weathers with just open crate for a bed.Most nights it is barking crazy a local rabbits etc as they are outside his compound laughing at her.
    Then he says to me one day were selling up ,can’t take the dog with us ,do you want to buy her?
    I polity declined and suggested the he take her to local dog shelter.

6 months on he’s still there and the broken dog (example of bad GSD breeding )

Our Dog laughs each time we walk past his gate i’m sure in smugness as he was a stray ,now has luxury n warm bed indoors every night.

So your not alone.

And we live in the country, well 3 houses in our lane.

Cougar

Do the people living there look like they might enter into polite discussion about their noisey dog?
    any neck tattoos?

Dunno TBH. They only moved in a few weeks ago after the elderly couple that lived there did what elderly couples inevitably do, I’ve not actually seen them with sufficient regularity to work out who lives there (as opposed to visiting) yet.

I think they’re Polish, so are probably here to steal our jobs, claim lots of benefits and murder is in our sleep; that’s the way it goes these days right?

Solo
    Free Member

Cougar – Moderator
    I think they’re Polish, so are probably here to steal our jobs, claim lots of benefits and murder is in our sleep; that’s the way it goes these days right?

And the dog, don’t forget the dog.
    Whoof!
    😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘So, next door but one has got a dog.’ is closed to new replies.