Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 246 total)
  • So, new Top Gear this weekend. (Now with Spoilers)
  • rumple
    Free Member

It is supposed to be entertaining and it is, everybody calm the **** down.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Afterwards they are sat at home; quivering with pent up anger.

As any recent thread has shown, the lovers get way angrier than the haters. Quite funny to watch. (But not as funny as TG obvs.)

bigrich

I used to like the rally reports with Tony Mason and his hat

hora
    Free Member

Best TG’s involve:

An Aerial Atom V8 or R500 Caterham or BTCC drivers. 😀

Looking forward to more of them- gems included the bus racing/trucks and the stretch limo getting very sideways and still keeping it on tarmac.

To be brutally honest I’d watch even American TG. Anything with motors in :mrgreen: and heaven forbid someone parks up outside Halfords etc in a decent car. (Mrshora) “whys it taken you so long to buy some engine oil” …”A Sikh bloke there had a lancia delta integrale”. So tbh even though I’ll class myself as a hatez I’ll be watching it Sunday. 8pm sharp.

rOcKeTdOg

I loved last of the summer wine too, I’ll be watching

andytherocketeer

minus JC who’d left old TG previously and James May – most forget he was actually on old TG for a bit

have to admit I didn’t recall that, but wikipedia confirms he was.
    but he wasn’t in season 1 of new TG.

Isn’t VBH’s bloke part of the TG production team? Always assumed that’s why earlier new TG and 5th Gear were trying to out-copy each other.

jimjam
    Free Member

andytherocketeer –

Isn’t VBH’s bloke part of the TG production team? Always assumed that’s why earlier new TG and 5th Gear were trying to out-copy each other.

Jon Bentley was a producer on Top gear when the show got cancelled, and they subsequently all went to Ch5 where he produced Fifth Gear. I don’t know if he’s VBH’s bloke. I think a number of key production personnel from Top Gear went to Fifth Gear, not just the presenters.
    Initially they weren’t trying to copy TG, they were trying to make TG only the BBC wouldn’t let them use the name.

Anyway, current Fifth Gear has the balance right (minus the jonnie character) and if you have an interest in cars it’s much better than TG. having said that, Youtube is better again.

TerryWrist
    Free Member

People on here who like Top Gear seem really offended if you don’t like it.

Always amazes me a program aimed at middle-aged middle-England middle class whiny cockbags is so popular on STW. Can’t think why.

Drac

People on here who like Top Gear seem really offended if you don’t like it.

I can’t think why.

Always amazes me a program aimed at middle-aged middle-England middle class whiny cockbags is so popular on STW. Can’t think why.

Ah! That’ll be why.

jekkyl

It’s all scripted and it’s not really about the cars anymore.

aracer
    Free Member

Bingo!

I’d be in the still watching just in case they accidentally do something as good as they used to rather than just repeating the same old rubbish camp, if it wasn’t that I’ve developed a completely rational hatred of Jezza after realising that it isn’t all an act.

Personally I’d rather they just commission more of May doing stuff like sending action man into space.

jools182
    Free Member

The preview show was awkward and pretty dire

However , I like Top Gear. JC is a knob but he makes me laugh

Yes it’s scripted, yes it’s stupid

but I enjoy it

and I’m still completely baffled why people get so wound up about it

turn over

robdob
    Free Member

It’s all scripted and it’s not really about the cars anymore.

So?

This forum isn’t about cycling anymore either…. 😉

andytherocketeer

Personally I’d rather they just commission more of May doing stuff like sending action man into space

That was fun (well the barbie bit was) 🙂

Most TV is scripted.

Harry_the_Spider

However , I like Top Gear. JC is a knob but he makes me laugh

Yes it’s scripted, yes it’s stupid

but I enjoy it

and I’m still completely baffled why people get so wound up about it

turn over

Couldn’t agree more. But I am prepared to be shouted at by the usual bores who bang on about it on here.

edlong
    Free Member

I’m getting pretty bored of it now, but doubtless I’ll still watch it and be underwhelmed.

For my tastes it would be x100 better if someone told them they didn’t have to be nobheads to get ratings – they set up some interesting escapades and adventures using more-or-less suitable / interesting cars and just as I’m starting to vaguely enjoy it they inevitably get to the bit where they have start vandalising each other’s vehicles, which I just look at and think “you’re deliberately being a dick – why am I supposed to be impressed by that?”

jekkyl

It does make the BBC A LOT of money though.
    😐

benji
    Free Member

There’s always Call The Midwife on the other side!

Excellent, that’s my evening viewing sorted, and they ride bicycles as well 🙂

Bruce

Can I just make a little suggestion, that rather than discussing this on a bike website you go to motoring willy wavers and dicuss it there as this endless tedious discussion is a tiny bit dull.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Can I just make a little suggestion, that rather than discussing this on a bike website you go to motoring willy wavers and dicuss it there as this endless tedious discussion is a tiny bit dull.

Another idea, why not just not read the thread if it upsets you that much… 🙄

benji
    Free Member

Read a different thread then, there is plenty of content here for everyone.

Drac

It’s a chat forum. It’s open anything that doesn’t break the rules.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

as this endless tedious discussion is a tiny bit dull.

It’s a shame you couldn’t bring anything to it that might make it more interesting.

zippykona

Clarkson out.
    Martin in.
    That would stop Hammond acting like a total **** as well.

slowoldman

It is just a light entertainment show and has occasional flashes of brilliance. The Reliant Robin in Sheffield springs to mind.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Top Gear’s had it’s day. JC is even being upstaged by Ray Mears

torsoinalake
    Free Member

I do sometimes wonder if people actually read before they comment.

This thread has just cemented it as a resounding no.

MoreCashThanDash

I have nothing useful or pertinent to add. Top Gear threads are usually the place for this.

Drac

Does anybody else wonder if people read before they comment?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Drac – Moderator
    Bathtub

He’s not a real Hamster

Races aren’t real

I hate JC

I don’t like other people’s opinions on this

That’ll save a few posts.

FTFY

Rubber_Buccaneer

I do sometimes wonder if people actually read before they comment.

jimjam
    Free Member

Read what?

munrobiker
    Free Member

I get the impression that most people, other than jekyll, didn’t even read the OP.

piemonster

Wait what? I thought you could only read the last page of the thread.

richmtb

say what you like it will never be cancelled because it makes to much money for the BBC 😉

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I enjoyed the “build your own caravan” and the one with the exploding train.

It’s also amusing to watch JC “prod the dog” to see how far he can go with it before he gets bitten…

Drac

Drac – Moderator
    Bathtub

He’s not a real Hamster

Races aren’t real

I hate JC

I don’t like other people’s opinions on this

That’ll save a few posts.

FTFY

Well you fixed for yourself I’d say.

MrNice
    Free Member

It’s also amusing to watch JC “prod the dog” to see how far he can go with it before he gets bitten…

I assume this is some sort of figurative thing but JC getting bitten by a dog is something I’d happily watch again and again. I’m not one of the haters and I will be watching it, but a dog sinking its teeth into Clarkson’s leg would make fantastic telly. 👿

jekkyl

His ice bucket ‘challenge’ is on youtube if you want to see his son dump a bucket of water over him while he was napping in the garden.

Also whilst we’re on the subject, did may and hammond get the job by replying to open auditions that the bbc held or did I just dream it?

The previous TG was completely different with tiff needell and a couple of other blokes as well as Clarkson doing the car bits.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I assume this is some sort of figurative thing

“There’s a slope on it…”

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 246 total)

The topic ‘So, new Top Gear this weekend. (Now with Spoilers)’ is closed to new replies.