Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • So, my van's been nicked…
  • jambourgie
    Free Member

🙁

Got up this morning to go to work and my van’s disappeared.

Never had to deal with this situation before, any advice? Forgetting lost work for a moment, I assume it’s going to cost a fortune when it comes to insurance renewal time (next month). Also, if the police find it, I assume they’re going to bill me for dealing with it/towing it etc?

On the bright side, at least I don’t have to work on a bank holiday now…

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Call the police and then the insurance company.

Stop panicking, the insurance should cover recovery.

If you had equipment in the vehicle, I assume you have business cover?

Sorry to hear about the bad news, you don’t need that but you’ll be ok.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Called the police first thing. They’ve put a marker on it and given me a crime number. I’ve not yet called the insurance company. Should I?

slowoldgit
    Free Member

I think you need to call the insurance company soonest, or get it on an email if there’s no-one answering phones. Just in case the tealeaf drives it into a bus-stop queue, or worse. Though letting the police know should cover you, doing the right thing can’t hurt.

jambourgie
    Free Member

I just called them but they’re closed. I was kind of hoping it might be found locally as there wasn’t much petrol in it.

divenwob
    Free Member

What a nightmare! Get on to insurance asap.

Spud

Insurance companies usually have an emergency option. I think having your van nicked counts as that. Good luck with getting things sorted. Having a minor bump caused me much hassle so I can only imagine how this ratchets it up.

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes google the insurance co there must be some way to contact them

Shame that hope it gets sorted well

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘So, my van's been nicked…’ is closed to new replies.