Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • So my op wound which isn't healing…
  • aracer
    Free Member

Was absent mindedly picking at the scab (as you do), when I pulled out this:

(the bit on the right, 1p coin for scale)

they told me they used soluble stitches, that’s been in there for 2 months. No wonder it’s still been weeping 🙄 Trip back to the GP tomorrow?

scaredypants

eww – looks awful clean, mind

(sitting here picking my own scab, funnily enough)

matt_outandabout

Yep. You will be dead by morning.
    Probably.

bearnecessities

I’d be asking where the front wheel is.

mrsfry
    Free Member

Pics of the massive gaping hole please

(somthing to look at while i eat bacon)

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I had the same issue on my clavical op a few months back, wouldn’t heal just where they tied it off. Consultant mentioned it might happen early on, but said they’d see what happened. Once yellow puss started coming out of it I went to the docs, nurse removed it (nowhere near as big as that^). I had 2 courses of anti biotics before it fully healed up.

cloudnine
    Free Member

I’d be more worried about your grainy looking skin.. Bit jaundiced looking too..

PJM1974
    Free Member

Ouch! Hope that sorts it.

carlphillips
    Free Member

I wouldn’t sweat it I had wrist surgery this year and they used dissolving stitches, like you my wound failed to heal and i had what looked like tampon strings appearing out of my wound for nearly 2 months, was told not to worry about it by the surgeon.

linky

aracer
    Free Member

It does – I wasn’t looking at what I was doing, and spent a while trying to work out where else it could have come from. I guess it’s Teflon coated.

timber

Looks very clean for something that has come out a wound, stitches I’ve had taken out have looked rather skanky or like bits of barbed wire.

aracer
    Free Member

Nowhere else it could have come from though, and it would explain a lot about how it wasn’t healing despite a couple of courses of antibiotics.

metalheart
    Free Member

I’ve had a bit of stitch left in (black skanky no.) which went infected and which need antibiotics.

Hope this cheers you up… 😳

Bunnyhop

After my recent op I was stapled. Once out It took super will power not to pick the scabs.

Let us know what the GP says.

pedlad

bearnecessities – Member
    I’d be asking where the front wheel is.

😀 what tyres for puss?

Drac

Pics of the massive gaping hole please

😯

They sometimes take ages to dissolve the ones in my right hip took months.

metalheart
    Free Member

After my recent op I was stapled.

Girl at my work had an op on her skull. They stapled her up afterwards. Around 12-15 of them. She came into work en route to hospital to get them removed. It looked absolutely brutal. She showed me photos of after too, blood, leakage. Nasty….

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Yup, that’s my bit of string. There wasn’t a tiny dog attached to it by any chance?

mrsfry
    Free Member

what tyres for puss?

One persons puss is another persons tire sealant 😆

matt_outandabout

.what tyres for puss?

Tubeless gunk source?

martinhutch

what tyres for puss?

toppers3933
    Free Member

I had the same on both my hernia repairs. Eventually I got some tweezers and pulled on the bits of string which painfully but willingly came out along with blood and puss. Squeezed it a bit to see if any more would come out then rubbed some salon on it and thought no more of it. That was 15 years ago. So far as I know I’m still alive.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I thought picking scabs was the best ever…..till I had my appendix out a few years ago.Pulling your own stitches out is the awesomes….till the practice nurse comes round to remove them.And gives you a clip round the lug hole for doing it yourself 😳

carlphillips
    Free Member

dunno whether you clicked on my linky but that little beauty felt ace to pull out….

mrsfry
    Free Member

Still no sign of the OPs crusty hole 🙁

I’m telling Santa he made my kittens cry

maxray
    Free Member

Nnngg Carl :$ but also bet it felt amazing!:D

aracer
    Free Member

Sorry for making your pussy weep, but I’m not sure people really want to see my weepy puss.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

I do I love a good gooey wound!!!

honeybadgerx

At the age of eight I had my appendix removed. A few weeks later, had wound checked up on and told it’ll take a little longer for the stitches to dissovle. Two weeks later, bottom set gone, top set still there. Told to come back in a couple of weeks. Two weeks later, whilst being pinned to the table by a burly nurse as I’m having the non-dissolving stitches yanjed out of my fully healed wound, I think began my mistrust of medical professionals.

Drac

rubbed some salon on it and thought no more of it.

aracer
    Free Member

Seen the GP. Apparently that is supposed to be soluble. He said sometimes it takes up to a couple of months to dissolve. I pointed out it was a couple of months! I guess if your body rejects it it doesn’t dissolve in the pus?

Hopefully it will sort itself out now it’s got rid of the bit it doesn’t like.

stevied
    Free Member

Why is there an owl with big, yellow eyes in that pic Drac?

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘So my op wound which isn't healing…’ is closed to new replies.