Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • So my new Canyon Clown bike turned up…..
  • B.A.Nana
    Free Member

looks like a Superfly

monkeyboyjc

yeah – but not carbon 😥

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

stevewhyte – Member

How did DT manage to make a set of 100mm forks with a rider weight limit, weigh more than my 150mm sektors?

Hardly

F

Rock Shox Revelation RCT3 Dual Air Forks 2012 Specifications:
    Weight; 26″: 1636g

DT Swiss XRM 100 Single Shot Forks 2012:
    Weight: 1550g

OK, not quite, but almost (both QR 26″ versions)

monkeyboyjc

also – the revelations are for 26″ wheels, the dt swiss are for 29″ wheels – they are 1.5″ longer.

scottishbadger
    Free Member

Mine arrived yesterday, a week after ordering. Really like it, took it for a shakedown ride and was impressed with the way it holds speed. Looking forward to a proper ride at the weekend and then it’s getting christened at Sherwood NPS.

Needs to go on a diet though, there was a separate delivery van carrying the cassette it came with.

cheers_drive

Still waiting for mine, waiting to hear back from Canyon as I think they messed my order up as ordered back in January.
    When did you order yours and what size and colour?

scottishbadger
    Free Member

Last Wednesday, Medium, black. As far as I could tell there was a long lead time for any other size.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Or a Niner Air Cabon 🙂 😉

Nice bike though 🙂

cheers_drive

Mines XL but was due for a week 10 delivery when I ordered in week 1.
    Having now seen a photo of a XL the M does look nicer in the headtube area, enjoy!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

also – the revelations are for 26″ wheels, the dt swiss are for 29″ wheels – they are 1.5″ longer.

Actualy, *pedantic geek alert*

looking into it, the 26″ version (I quoted its weight up there) is lighter, the forks on that are some OEM mish mash XRM 29.

The XMM 29 is 1748g (according to the link on the first page) and the XRM doesn’t exist in 29er form, but the XMM seems to have the same spec as the OEM’s on the 29er, confused, I am!

It’s still tempting me to sell my swift though!

monkeyboyjc

a better aproximation (sp?) would be the 2012 alloy niner air 9

apart from the Canyon had post mount rear brake, bolt thgrough rear axle and internal cable routing….. 😀 oh and only costs £500 more as a full bike…. 😀

It’s still tempting me to sell my swift though!

😯 i wouldnt go that far – i was very, very tempted by a swift after my experiance with a hummingbird…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

i wouldnt go that far – i was very, very tempted by a swift after my experiance with a hummingbird…

It is indeed very nice. Mines a medium which is great for ~2hour local rides but probably not long enough for propper XC and I quite fancy some raceing this year*.

*Broken arm followed by flu followed by food poisoning mean I’ve barely turned a pedal since November, so that might be optimistic.

monkeyboyjc

thread link

for those that have bought a AL 29er – check my other thread, and check your forks while your at it….

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘So my new Canyon Clown bike turned up…..’ is closed to new replies.