• This topic has 58 replies, 46 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • So my neighbour wakes me up at 6am…
  • bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

I’m setting off for work at 0600 or still at work if on nights. Was up at 0630 this morning for a GP Appointment at 0720.

Yak

This sort of thing is not difficult. You receive a parcel for your neighbour. You send a text to your neighbour and say when you are in. Your neighbour does the same for you.

No point in speculating when someone might be in or whether the secret ‘light-on’ code means anything. Just communicate.

wwaswas

You send a text to your neighbour and say when you are in.

I have no idea what my neighbour’s mobile number is.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

No point in speculating when someone might be in

Knock knock

Are you in?

Yes

or

Knock knock

….

Knock knock

Not in

Speculation over.

Yak

I think the OP had already reached his ‘knock knock’ capacity.

Anyway – do most folk not have their neighbours mob numbers then? Seems odd.

wwaswas

Knock knock

Are you in?

Yes

the worlds worst knock knock joke?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Knock Knock

Who’s there?

Ineedap….

njee20
    Free Member

I do for one, but not actually because they take in parcels for us, although I now use his number for that purpose (and vice versa). It wouldn’t really occur to me to ask for their mobile number so I can notify them of deliveries, although it makes a lot of sense!

Drac

no point unless you’re a farmer, going for a ride or have wet the bed.

Well I have a proper job so that means I up well before 6am. No I’m not a Farmer.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Well I have a proper job so that means I up well before 6am.

What time do you start work?
    I usually arrive 9-9.30 and that doesn’t need me to get up much before 7.30. I’d say it’s a ‘proper’ job.

donald
    Free Member

I don’t even know my own mobile number 🙂

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

not so bad if he knows you live alone, if i was leaving for work or whatever and i wanted my fresh goods from CRC and saw your light on id probably knock on too. but not if i thought i might wake the whole house up.

jon1973
    Free Member

You aren’t up at 6am?

I get up when I want except on Wednesdays when I get rudely awakened by the dustmen.

trail_rat
    Free Member

could be worse…my colleague opposite regalled me of a tale over lunch where his neighbour was ringing his door bell at 4am this morning – to ask if he had seen his cat.

…..WTF GOES THROUGH YOUR HEAD TO DO THAT ? ?(except perhaps dust)

Frankenstein
    Free Member

jon1973 – I put my trousers on, have a cup of tea and I think about leaving the house (at 0630).

bigblackshed

Jon1973

theotherjonv

and then I’m grumpy for the rest of the day, safe in the knowledge that my neighbour has his parcel and he thinks i’m a ****

samuri
    Free Member

My wife certainly has both our next door neighbours mobile phone numbers.

I’m not sure why I’d have them, as far as I can tell none of them have a smartphone.

Drac

What time do you start work?
    I usually arrive 9-9.30 and that doesn’t need me to get up much before 7.30. I’d say it’s a ‘proper’ job.

7am.

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘So my neighbour wakes me up at 6am…’ is closed to new replies.