Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • So, my mum owns some woodland…
  • grumm
    Free Member

Went and had a look at it today and there is some potential there for a kind of mini dh trail I think. It's not massive by any means and there isn't a huge amount of height change, but there's loads of cool medium sized rocks to use as features or to use as jumps/drop-offs etc

I'm not sure of the size but there is a footpath that runs down the length of it which I guess is around 400 yards long, but there is a reasonable width either side of it so you could make the run a bit longer.

Just wondering if anyone has any tips, or what the legalities are of having a trail crossing a footpath several times, and liability if anyone else used it?

Looking back up the bottom section

From the same place looking down to the bottom

Top section – path is off to the left by the fence. This bit is almost flat.

Choice of drop-off lines near the top 🙂

Another nice drop-off

There area surrounding the footpath actually has a small cliff running sort of parallel to the path, below which is a steep banking down to a river/bog. If you were brave you could probably drop off the edge but it would be pretty gnarly – probably 8-10 feet high along most of it. You would then be stuck down there as well, and it would require some serious north shore building to carry the trail on down there.

Pretty difficult to see what's what in the pictures with all the snow but I think there is potential. Just wondering whether it will be worth it given the limited space. Got plenty of dirt, wood and rocks though 🙂

twang
    Free Member

An opportunity not to be missed I reckon
    Where in the world is this, you lucky fella?

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

And you can ride up and down the footpath and noise up any ramblers who tell you that you shouldn't be there 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    grumm
    Free Member

twang – just south of the Lake District.

And you can ride up and down the footpath and noise up any ramblers who tell you that you shouldn't be there

Hehe – indeed 😛

Anyone done anything similar got any advice? Any good resources on trail building etc?

pinches
    Free Member

fancy playing out in a week or so?

grumm
    Free Member

yeah – I'm STILL a bit ill but if you fancy doing something not too taxing I'd be up for that.

pinches
    Free Member

ride along the prom and a bacon bap then? 😆

i'm up for suggestion, outs out at the moment!

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Grumm – where just south of the Lakes… I can pop over and ride down the path too if it is near enough 😉

grumm
    Free Member

pinches ygm

Rob – it's near kirkby lonsdale. Not really worth riding down the path at the moment but we could build some big doubles right the way down it? 😛

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Hmmm – not too far away, I am over Ulverston way… could be persuaded to come and help dig a bit though (once the weather is better like!)

epicyclo

Can your Mum afford to be sued for millions? 🙂

grumm
    Free Member

Cool Rob – yeah I am thinking spring time before it gets really overgrown again.

Can your Mum afford to be sued for millions?

This is what I am wondering. We used to have a swing that went out over the edge of the cliff there – people kepy cutting it down and we looked into it and it seemed if someone came off it we would be liable, so I guess a bike trail would be similar. I suppose a private property – stick to the path sign doesn't hold much weight either?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘So, my mum owns some woodland…’ is closed to new replies.